Does my phone need tempered glass protector?

sarosh

Journeyman
I have recently purchased the Xiomi Redmi 3s, and then I purchased a flip cover which offers adequate protection.
I have read that the Redmi 3S does not have Gorilla glass, but it does have "strengthened glass".

I wanted to know I i need to apply any type of screen guard to my phone, or is it fine without any screen guard?

Tomal

Broken In
It's not about a question of need. You can use your phone without any flip cover or tempered glass protector. But it's good to have a glass protector. I think tempered glass protector is more important than a flip cover.

vikas tanwar

Broken In
Yes, you need a tempered glass for your Redmi 3S. Tempered glass screen protector significantly protecting devices from normal scratches, dents and dings smudges. If the screen is with tempered glass, it will not be broken when your phone dropped. however, the normal screen guard can't make it.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Yes, you need all sort of protection for these no service chinese products. they are fragile and service center are pathetic.

wwwescape

Journeyman
Yes, you need a tempered glass for your Redmi 3S. Tempered glass screen protector significantly protecting devices from normal scratches, dents and dings smudges. If the screen is with tempered glass, it will not be broken when your phone dropped. however, the normal screen guard can't make it.

If, it doesn't have Gorilla Glass, then I suggest you to go for Tempered glass protector.

Tempered glass protectors don't protect from falls. My Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) had a tempered glass protector with a silcone back cover and fell from a height of 3 feet. Nothing happened to the tempered glass or the screen, though the LCD beneath both of them was shattered which needs replacement.

Chris_steve

Broken In
Hi...any good tempered glass and silicone cover recommended for samsung M 21..please advice
A film screen guard and a silicone case that covers the edges of the screen are more than enough for good protection. I'm using Gadgetshieldz film screen guard and Leton-US case that has a bumper around the screen! Tempered glass always cracks in a few months.

Last edited:

andy_65_in

Padawan
A film screen protector and a silicone case that covers the edges of the screen are more than enough for good protection. I'm using Gadgetshieldz film screen guard and Leton-US case that has bumper around the screen! Tempered glass always cracks in a few months.
GADGETSHIELD is availible though not .LETONUS

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Yes, if possible buy an UV glass screen protector. Glass protector unlike film absorbs the impact and shatter to prevent the screen from damaged

Chris_steve

Broken In
It is available on Amazon, here's the link.
*www.amazon.com/Leton-US-13-Shockproof-Anti-Scratch-Compatible/dp/B09GXJR9ZF

Top Bottom