"Does a Porsche outsell Honda?" - Apple Year-End Report Card: A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Re: "Does a Porche outsell Honda?" - Apple Year-End Report Card: A

Yep all start out as Porsches and Hondas and then end up to pimp their rides in the Linux garage :p

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There's a difference between these cars:

Cadillac Escalade --- Hyundai Tuscon
BMW X5 --- Toyota Landcrusier Prado
Land Rover LR 2 --- Honda MRV
Hummer H3 --- Nissan Pathfinder

From outside, the car looks good. High on the oomph as well as the vroom factor. But you got to drive the a X5 to know what's it's like. Prado costs like Dhs 98k. BMW X5 costs over Dhs 375k. Both has 4 wheels, 4X4 drive, petrol engines, 4 doors, one steering wheel, but you know X5 for all it's worth.

Too much Linux fanboys around. So what's Linux? Well, a Mac is Land Rover, Windows is MRV and Linux is Jeep Wrangler!

I was also like many people. Once on a Mac, there's no going back. I hate to work on my Windows PC.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmm

but can that BMW X5 (apple-mac...) beat the Off-road Legend - Mitsubishi Pajero (windows)?
which costs jus rs.20lakhs (X5=94lakh).
no way.

:))

pajero may lack the extra stuffs (climate control, power seats...) but still it'll beat X5. even image wise:p (more race wins & macho looks).

even porsche are (/were) in all kinds of motor-sports, wrc,gt, le mans...
so apple (mac) shud come into gaming world & assembled pc world, then we can see some real fight & development:D

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
jeez!! quit comparing apples to oranges (pun intended :D)

Apple is neither porsche nor Microsoft is Honda. Everyone who sells an overpriced stuff cannot be Porsche or Mercedes.

We all know that famous joke that lists what-if MS made cars :D

and now god save us if Apple makes cars :p
*www.engadget.com/2007/08/29/what-would-the-icar-be-like/
dont forget to read all the comments

Dislcaimer: If you fall off the chair and get hurt I'm not responsible.

I have said before and would also like to state again: 'gizmodo.com' is nothing but a bunch of Apple fanboys, Like Cnet is very much biased towards MS. Even WSJ's Mossberg is way better and sensible than them.

and Linux has no apt comparison in the automobile sector cos the real world doesnt work like the world of 0s and 1s.

_

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
LMAO DigitalDude @ the comments there :D

multi-touch HD windshield

It will have only one pedal, which is the brake. You'll have to push down on the horn while pressing the pedal to accelerate.

No fm radio cuz who needs radio

Correction... why turn left when you can make three rights, instead?

I bet you can control it with your mind. Multi-touch is so last year.

It let's you buy gas online for 99c a gallon, but contains a special additive so you can only use it in your iCar!

Only turns right, because also turning left would be too complicated... and who needs to turn left, anyway?

Oh God, too much :D :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom