Does a graphic card perform better if some part of RAM is allotted to it?

parth.khopkar96

The Dark Knight
I have ASUS GeForce 210. I know that it is a very basic graphic card. I have observed that 1GB of my RAM has been dedicated to it( i did not do this).Still this is good....Will the graphic Card perform better and will I be able to play games such as Crysis 2?

P.S. - I can play COD MW3 perfectly without any video glitch or lag.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The technology you're talking about is called Turbo Cache for Nvidia Graphics card or HyperMemory for AMD Graphics card and used for low end cards. Now how much amount of dedicated memory your Graphics card has? If it is 512 MB or higher then their is no need to allocate system memory from your Ram to it as these low end cards hardly use that much of video memory. But one thing, I don't think those cards always occupy memory from your Ram in contrast of IGP (integrated Graphics Processor or Onboard Graphics) where you need to allocate the maximum shared memory size from your BIOS. In case of TurboCache, the card only allocated memory from your Ram when it is required and its own memory is not sufficient to hold the data.

And allocating much memory to a Graphics card cannot increase performance if the Graphics card is not powerful enough. So allocating another 1 GB memory to your Graphics card won't increase any performance in demanding games like Crysis.

Read the following thread to get some clear ideas about Graphics card:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

OP
parth.khopkar96

parth.khopkar96

The Dark Knight
The technology you're talking about is called Turbo Cache for Nvidia Graphics card or HyperMemory for AMD Graphics card and used for low end cards. Now how much amount of dedicated memory your Graphics card has? If it is 512 MB or higher then their is no need to allocate system memory from your Ram to it as these low end cards hardly use that much of video memory. But one thing, I don't think those cards always occupy memory from your Ram in contrast of IGP (integrated Graphics Processor or Onboard Graphics) where you need to allocate the maximum shared memory size from your BIOS. In case of TurboCache, the card only allocated memory from your Ram when it is required and its own memory is not sufficient to hold the data.

And allocating much memory to a Graphics card cannot increase performance if the Graphics card is not powerful enough. So allocating another 1 GB memory to your Graphics card won't increase any performance in demanding games like Crysis.

Read the following thread to get some clear ideas about Graphics card:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

Thanks for the reply. Will I be able to play Crysis on it?( Please answer on the basis that I my PC can run COD MW3 without any problem).

Any more help will be appreciated...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
depends on what resolution you are gaming. for Crysis to run smoothly, you need to run the game at 1024X768 resolution. else expect shatter & lags. also check this: Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart. GT210 is no faster than 1st gen Intel HD graphics which most call crap.

Top Bottom