Dodgy Opera!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digster

Broken In
I am having a strange problem with Opera. Whenever I try to install any version of opera above 9.26(9.27 and above) the new version just does not open any page. I tried updating java to the latest version as well as trying to switch to opera 9.50 and 9.51 but that does not help either and I have to revert back to installing opera 9.26.
So, if somebody has a solution, plz HELPPPPP!!!!!:(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
First Uninstall Opera, then delete the Opera directory from Documents and settings\Application Data for each and every user and then install 9.50.
I also feel that firewall may be the culprit.. disable the firewall and check if you are able to browse then add opera in you firewall exception list and start the firewall again.

OP
D

digster

Broken In
Well, forgot to mention that bit. The problem is i cant delete the folder coz i need all the bookmarks as also i have got a lot of login passwords saved which i dont remember individually.
Also, firewall cant be the problem coz its disabled anyway(opera 9.26 works just fine).

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you can backup wands and bookmarks,
backup wand.dat for password. and you can export all your book marks from opera itself.. I had faced several issues with Opera.. most of them were fixed after deleting the said folder.

BTW you can backup the whole Opera folder in the appdata and then delete it .. Start opera again and it will create a new profile.. if it doesnot work then you can overwrite the new one with the backup

Last edited:
OP
D

digster

Broken In
errrrr.....can u plz explain which folders u meant exactly(in the installed section or the document folder).

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Copy the entire profile folder under c:\documents and settings\username\application data\opera\opera

now uninstall opera. now install it again.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Or else just delete the folder, back up the bookmarks, widgets, skins, toolbar.ini, menu.ini, feed list and wand passwords.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Boot into safe mode and see if it works. It it does then its some other application thats probably messing it up.
Check the proxy settings in Opera also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom