Do you think we should upgrade to vBulletin 4?

Do you think that we should upgrade to vBulletin 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Well, there are plenty of bugs and other sorts of issues. I think its about time we upgrade to vBulletin 4.
What do you think?
The goal of the vBulletin 4 series is to develop a modern, scalable application platform that will allow communities to thrive.

Key features and improvements that are included in the first vBulletin 4 release are:
-Cross-content search system providing a single interface to search across forum posts, blog entries and comments and other supported products
-Improved search performance
-A fresh design and layout making use of semantic markup and CSS styling
-An enhanced style and template system to enhance your ability to change the layout
-Controls to assist with the placement of advertising elements
-SEO features, including friendly URLs
-A centralized attachment system, allowing the sharing of attachments across products

For more information, visit *www.vbulletin.com/index.php

Last edited:
OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
vBulletin isnt free?

It isn't free. However, I reckon that the upgrade to version 4 is free.

If the license was in active status when vBulletin 4.0 is released, TDF is eligible to get the update free of charge. And since we are using vBulletin since a long time, I think we are eligible for the free upgrade.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Unless there is some issue with latest release, there is no point *asking* if we want to update. It's a MUST!

rajan1311

Padawan
TDF is easily making thousands of $$$ a month....a few hundreds a year will not hurt...they should upgrade imo, no reason not to...

rajan1311

Padawan
Proof / Support?
Source?

being a webmaster myself, i can guess....friend owns a site much smaller than tdf and makes $500 a month and has far less ads too...so its a pretty safe bet...how much did you think they make? sure they have other expenses,but $180 odd a year will not hurt....good to see tdf on new servers, far far better now, was so slow before...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm okk..not in my hands. I usually block that on my desktop. We do need a solution for mobile users though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom