Do you mind what kind of screen glass is used for your smartphone?

NirmalKartha92916

Digit Brand Team
With smartphone screens becoming larger, the quality of glass in terms of damage resistance and touch response is increasingly being talked about. How important is this factor when evaluating a smartphone purchase decision?

I'm planning on buying a new phone but I've never really thought about the purchase, from the screen glass perspective. What do you guys think?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The glass used should be hard enough to not get scratched by keys, coins, fingernails etc. For me, a phone with Gorilla Glass 3 or equivalent is a priority because I don't use screen protectors as they make the screen look ugly. Most good OEMs are using quality glass in every segment of phones they make and not just the flagships.

Above 5.0" screen phones are a total no to me. If I can't operate it single handedly, I won't like buying it.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yes.
I only buy transparent glass.
If the glass is opaque, I don't buy the cell phone.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I only see one thing when buying a smartphone. Gorilla Glass. Apart from that I really don't care about the glass being used.
One important thing to consider is the kind of screen not just the glass. So the competition is between LCD and Amoled. Later being my choice since I have bought Moto X.

Hrishi

I prefer a OGS Display. They are pretty smooth.
As far as protection is concerned , I don't really care. I use a screen-guard and damn good cover.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Phone ho ya Physical Relation,
Always use Protection".

Just made it up. :D :p

ankush28

Bazinga
Doesn't matter much. I'd say go for GG3.

BTW why sticky? abuse of power :-?

- - - Updated - - -

Current gen dragontail and GG3 have no noticeable difference at all.

- - - Updated - - -

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Screens Get Easily Scratched, Complain Users | NDTV Gadgets

*discussions.apple.com/thread/6555765?tstart=0

hdknitro

bringing the world down
Manufacturers make this decision, what can we do about it, what if I want to have aftermarket protective glass.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
GG3 is the standard norm for nearly all android phones (proper manufacturers).. it doesnt even require any screenguards
PS : Why is this sticky ? Is this gonna be posted on digit mag ?

HBK007

Journeyman
GG3 ftw and if we are also talking about the type of panels then AMOLED works the best for me.....

PS: [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] Man seriously, you owned that guy.....

tomwilling

Broken In
With smartphone screens becoming larger, the quality of glass in terms of damage resistance and touch response is increasingly being talked about. How important is this factor when evaluating a smartphone purchase decision?

I'm planning on buying a new phone but I've never really thought about the purchase, from the screen glass perspective. What do you guys think?

Hello friends, i think need screen glass for damage protection. Nowadays various types of screen glasses are available.

ankush28

Bazinga
Hello friends, i think need screen glass for damage protection. Nowadays various types of screen glasses are available.

You mean tempered glass screen protector?
I don't understand logic - Driving without helmets is cool... adding huge hard plastic case and tempered glass to phone? why? because its costly re!

Top Bottom