Do you believe in destiny?

Do you believe in destiny?

• My destiny is fixed. I can't change it.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • WTF is destiny?

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • I fear to talk about it.

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

As simple as it can be. Do you believe in destiny, your future?

I choose NO.

If all my actions were governed by destiny then whatever I do is already defined. This means I have no bounds in my life, I may kill anyone and this is predefined so I will not be thrown in hell. But then its said that God knows everything and you'll be held responsible, for whatever you do, in the courts of the almighty. If God already judged my future then why should I suffer?

Last edited by a moderator:

mediator

Technomancer
Re: Do you believe in destiny/luck?

Destiny and luck are 2 different things! I believe its upto us to write our destiny and the rest is all upto luck! In an exam only u can write ur paper superbly or badly. Even if u write it superbly then also u may pass marginaly, even if u perform badly u may score well. It depends on the mood of examiner or u can say ur luck!!

OP
S

SE><IE

yeah! I kinda created it a bit foggy in the name. its destiny actually.
Anyways I feel whatever is unknown to us we name it as luck. does this luck thing even exist? The examiner gave me really bad marks because of his mood not because of anything even remotly related with me. I wanna know about the feelings about destiny not luck. :)

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers

Ya! I believe in destiny & as I think it's just 50-50, means 50% is governed by destiny & rest 50% is related with my actions. OK, I accept that, U r responsible 4 ur steps but do u ever think, whenever U hurt someone, what makes U to say sorry to him/her? Many emotions, feelings, thoughts r governed by destiny & force U to take/make an action. That's how, Ur destiny governs U. I have much to share on this topic but it will b much better to collect little response from everyone, since it will not change ur thoughts coz they r governed by ur destiny. :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

We create our own Destiny !!!! And theres no changing that truth!

OP
S

SE><IE

n2casey said:
but do u ever think, whenever U hurt someone, what makes U to say sorry to him/her?
casey, do you feel it was my destiny to say sorry to him/her. Its what I call as values/ethics. It wasn't my destiny.

prasad_den

Padawan
^^^ Exactly...!!! I believe in destiny. But every action of yours will influence your destiny... Each one of us decides our own fate, and most of the times it occurs at a subconscious level. :D :D

OP
S

SE><IE

@prasad_den: If every action will influence the "destiny" then how come is it predefined? you're talking ambiguous. :D

7 people(including me) have commented but only 3 have voted. sup guys!

tuxfan

Technomancer
IMO, there surely is something called destiny and fate. But it can be mended to some extent by efforts!

Sourabh

Laptoping
I believe in destiny. A lot of things have happened in my life which makes me believe in it. Some good, some bad but they have all played their part. I do not sit in the corner of the room with folded hands and wait for things to happen. I do the best I can and results are something which is not in my hands. They just happen and that is what I term destiny.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
No, i dont believe in destiny.. I dont like the idea that im not in control of my life..

tuxfan

Technomancer
@Kalpik, do you think you are in control of your life?? Then why do you fall sick? Why were you born? Can you stop your death? These are just examples. But there are so many things about your life that you can't control! And I don't like to believe that this world is running without anyone "moderating" it ;)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes, I believe in destiny. No, one can't control one's destiny. What's going to happen, is going to
happen for sure.The major events in your life - like birth, some complex situations in your life, death
you can't change!! Because that's your destiny. The theory of Karma says that whatever
Good or Bad you do, defintely you'll have to face the consequences of your action.
Some people are born rich, some poor, some very sickly. It's as per one's fate or destiny.
God governs the life of all living things. And @Tuxfan has a very valid point. I totally
agree with him.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
GITA sloka : "KArmaneya vadikaraste ma faleshu kadachana, ma karm heturburma, abhytanaste adi karmani" means just do ur work without thinking nething else either for luck or whateva :) !
Its an old saying "God help the ones who helps themselves"! So I just believe in myself !

OP
S

SE><IE

@tuxfan , Jguru: The bloody body of flesh is bound to fall sick, like evrything else what abut your car? If you car gets damaged then was it written in its destiny? Did God wrote destiny of the car -"here you go, you get your headlights broken on friday 14th november" huh? Everything that starts has an end and just like evrything else the body also has a "start" and an "end" so the question of why we were born or die is dead here itself.
Its like asking why does the mouse get manufactured and why doesn't it keep functioning for always? Everything has a working limit.

JGuru said:
The theory of Karma says that whatever
Good or Bad you do, defintely you'll have to face the consequences of your action.
You sound ambiguous JGuru. On one hand you say your destiny is fixed and on the other you say whatever you do is going to show up.
What if I kill someone? If that was written in my destiny then there is nothing like 'showing up of my deeds'.Who am I to blame then.
And if it wasn't pre-written then well, the destiny doesn't exist.

@satyamy: d00d, I never said I don't believe in God. If I don't then I will feel lonely in those hard moments. I just said, I don't believe in my destiny.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
SE><IE, Your current destiny (that's this present life of yours) is shaped by your
past life's karma( ie., what you did in your previous birth (good & bad)). And what
you do in this current life (Karma - good & bad) will shape your next birth!! That's
how it is. Also there is something called 'free-will'. By destiny you should understand
is - the major events in your life - like birth, death, & other major events in your
life (which you can't change). Also some minor events ( free-will), you can change!!
I hope things are clear now. Also this is a complex subject. This is how God implements
things!! It's already very well stated in Vedas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom