Do we get any front USB + Audio Bracket assembly?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
As the title suggests, do we get any front panel USB + Audio socket’s bracket assembly that can be seamlessly fixed into the 3.5” floppy bay or 5.25” drive bay? My front USB module on cabinet has become faulty and before I entirely replace the cabinet just checking if any such device is available?

Very little info is available online. Found one device that’s only for USB3 ports and another was just an open PCB circuitry whose layout is a mismatch with what I have.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get this :
PC Computer Front Panel USB Audio Port MIC Earphone Cable FOR Desktop | eBay

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
As the title suggests, do we get any front panel USB + Audio socket’s bracket assembly that can be seamlessly fixed into the 3.5” floppy bay or 5.25” drive bay? My front USB module on cabinet has become faulty and before I entirely replace the cabinet just checking if any such device is available?

Very little info is available online. Found one device that’s only for USB3 ports and another was just an open PCB circuitry whose layout is a mismatch with what I have.

Which Cabinet do you have?

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have an old iball cabinet. However it appears that there does not seem to be any such product that I had imagined!

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] I checked that too. Actually it's open PCB circuit and its panel layout is mismatch with what I have on front of cabinet. On my old iball cabinet the two USB slots are one below the other!! Normally front panel config is more or less [ USB -- Audio -- USB ] So attempting to fix the same is going to be a hassle. I was hoping for a ready bracket that would seamlessly be fixed into the floppy disk bay.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Ok, got it and here's what you've imagined :D
Amazon.com: StarTech.com 3.5in Black Multi Port Panel for Front Drive Bay with HD Audio - 1x eSATA / 1x Firewire 400 1394a / 4x USB 2.0 / 2x 3.5mm(35BAYPANELHD): Computers & Accessories

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
..BTW the tagline of that product vendor is quite interesting 'Hard-to-Find Made Easy' I wish I were living in US! Inclusion of USB3 in that product would have been an added advantage!!
I wonder how come if not local, someone from china has not exported something like this here!! I even made a visit to Lamington road in Mumbai but no luck. I guess I shall go for a new basic cabinet for around 600 - 700 rs

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can live without FP audio then here's something for you :
QuantumZERO QZHB04 USB 3.0 3.5" Front Panel USB Hub: Amazon.in: Electronics

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay .. anyway, there's converters for such situations but that would defeat the main purpose of front panel addon if you are looking for a budget cabinet.

Top Bottom