Do UFOs/Aliens exist, is Time Travel possible and more...

OP
S

shashank_digitreader

Ray said:
If the gravitational attraction of all the matter within the observable horizon were high enough, the expansion of the universe would slow, and then reverse. The universe would then contract, with about the same duration as the expansion. Eventually, all matter and energy would be compressed back into a gravitational singularity. It is meaningless to ask what would happen after this, because time, as we know it, would end in this singularity.
However, recent experimental evidence (namely the observation of distant supernova as standard candles, and the well-resolved mapping of the cosmic microwave background) has—to considerable surprise—shown that the expansion of the universe is not being slowed down by gravity, but instead, accelerating, suggesting that the universe will not end with a Big Crunch, but will instead expand forever, though some scientists have contested this theory.

I agree with you, as u said the universe is expanding, thats means, theres an end point to it. Now my question is whats next to that????

rajasekharan

Youngling
anothere big universe or something like that....the reality is that we dont even know 1/4th of 1/4 of 1/4 about the universe....forget the universe we even dont know the full species in this earth.....
1.what happened to dinosaurs???
2.In "Puranas" there is a clear cut reccord of how to use "aeroplanes" and how to "crash Land"...why is that info lost??????
3.what about the radio active skeletons found in india??????does that indicate that there has been a neuclear war fought back in time?????and that history is to repeat itself????

*www.audarya-fellowship.com/forums/newsletters-journals/31909-atomic-warfare-ancient-india.html

*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&sa=X...cd=1&q=radioactive+skeletons+in+india&spell=1

and lastly

what did the "Nine Unknown Men " founded by asoka actually discover??????????????????????

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Unknown_Men

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
We don't know for sure if the Universe is expanding or not. Same goes for the Big-"loud"-Bang theory. Cosmologists are like the seven blind men exploring an elephant, in that their "theories" and observations are very limited and restricted to only a small part of of an unknown *thing* we otherwise know as the Universe. It's something like a sea crab trying to figure out how the oceans were born. But even that isn't a fair comparison by any means. The Universe may very well be of an infinite size and have existed forever.

hash!!

________
existentialism? anybody?
its pretty much the solution for me... :p
rather than goin into a wild goose chase to find out how i (we) got here, i'd just settle for me... tho its a little vague, but yea, like all other theories, i guess it is as self-consolatory...
so i'd do my time here, and wait for the zillion dollar question, as to whats next...

Last edited:

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Ray said:
If the gravitational attraction of all the matter within the observable horizon were high enough, the expansion of the universe would slow, and then reverse. The universe would then contract, with about the same duration as the expansion. Eventually, all matter and energy would be compressed back into a gravitational singularity. It is meaningless to ask what would happen after this, because time, as we know it, would end in this singularity.
However, recent experimental evidence (namely the observation of distant supernova as standard candles, and the well-resolved mapping of the cosmic microwave background) has—to considerable surprise—shown that the expansion of the universe is not being slowed down by gravity, but instead, accelerating, suggesting that the universe will not end with a Big Crunch, but will instead expand forever, though some scientists have contested this theory.

I've read that argument be4.
Did you know that its still not as evident as to account for the matter in the universe..i.e., the observable matter is far less than the expected mass of the universe as extrapolated from the big bang by the background radiation, wherein comes in the paradoxical postulation of the so called "dark matter"
The "big crunch" is ruled out by the Hubble's laws and related observations.
However that is just a figament of the as yet known physics.
As we develop a more sound theory, we will soon find out that super symmetry plays a role even in the large scale universe.
Let the Grand Unified Theory come first, we'll talk then.
Its just the beginning, as the oracle said, we cant see past the choices we don't understand.
The big bang too is not a perfect theory, mind you, but a hypothesis which is somewhat conclusive with observations. Hence the bizarre conclusions.
If you have read Feynman, you'll know that rules in the ordinary circumstances go berserk in extreme conditions like singularities.
Yet singularities are observed in nature.
When we can observe background radiation due to time diatation and then there is Cerenkov radiation which is a miracle in itself, we know there is more to everything we know and a loads we don't know $hit.
As a repartee, lets not argue about things we don't know by drawing conclusions from unproven facts.
May you all be driven by the pursuit of the whole truth and forget quarrelling over the mundane.

avinandan

Broken In
Well guys the real mystery out there is the mystery of life. We do not actually know the exact definition of life. If it were known to us we would have known if 'life' can exist in other types of environment. As for time travel, It's possible if we can find a way to travel faster than or at the speed of light.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
When the the fuel ;i.e; the energy of different cosmic bodies which they have due to their initial momentum due to the big bang or the formation of these bodies runs out due to the fact that all the possible elements have been fused to different combinations which may lead to a favorable free energy change extinguished than at that point the universe would stop expanding and this would lead to the big crunch where all the cosmic bodies in the universe along with all matter collapse into something which would be infinitely dense and then only the next big bang would take place.By the way don't you people think that we even after being the most advanced race in the universe (so called)we don't even know what lead to the formation of the universe and the exact process and that we can merely speculate.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i think we will be able to solve the mystery if we can "mind travel ". i wish i could do that . . :). is it really possible ?

evil_maverick

Journeyman
What If Aliens Cum N They Turn Hostile ...like They Showed In Independence Day?...
Simple Soln----
Send All Of Our Politicians On Their Space Ship!!

Aft That Jus C Da Fun....

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Looks like aliens have seen this thread......"Pilots see baffling fireball over india" ,source:- ,Sunday Express head line, 04/3/07
Does aliens exist?? Yes its only a matter of time before they come to us

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
I think the most important question for us is 'Where does the boundaries to the universe stand, are there any boundaries?'

what do u guys think.. i mean seriously.. and please dont say the most emp question is 'what is the answer to life, the universe and everythigh'

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Our country consists of a lot of Aliens("Politicians"-the dictionary term) who dont even know when India was formed!!!
(I think it was on the Independence Day that Aaj Tak showed some footages of some well known politicians who didnt know when India got independence)

chicha

High without substance...
yes aliens do exist.
We should be fools to think otherwise.
Come one when was life on earth possible? there are galaxies far more older than our earth.

they might not look like what we see in movies but i do feel and think they will not look like us.
(but i hope the women are HOT :D)

Time travel is not possibele cause.
they theory says anything crossing the speed of light will be able to the future or the past is not possible. the reason we can not build such a thing its impossible even in the alien world, the faster we travel the heavier we are, now by the time we reach the speed of light we are already weighing infinity.
Now we all know that its not possible to go any futher when we are infinity kilos !!!:p

Josan

Gangsta
Yes I Do believe in UFO ,how can say that there is no other plannet other than earth that that hav got life on it ? whether we r able to find them or not ,,,,,
may b they r more advance than ours .....thats why they can travel to our plannet but we cant!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom