Do small Android updates really matter?

Don_1

Broken In
Every year major mobile manufacturers come out with their new android range with a year old android version and promising to upgrade to the latest one in few months time.

Apart from maybe galaxy-s series from samsung i really don't think any other manufacturer updates their best phone for more than 1 year.......i mean latest android version ( i maybe wrong)

If one sees the version updates and their changelogs since v-4 which was released in 11/2011, no note worthy feature has since been upgraded which will affect day to day usage.

So is it really worth while to invest in the android eco-system and buy a decent phone of 25k plus, coz as per my experience low end handsets don't work too well with low ram and stuff, knowing fully well that i am starting with a 1 yr old OS and will get a tiny 4 to 4.1 or 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade only?

Why not invest in a lumia 920 or iphone 4s or 5 instead?

OP
D

Don_1

Broken In
yup, but i am not happy with teeny meany android upgrades which are rolled out by mobile manufacturers........i have one-s.......it is only eligible for 4.1 and god knows what's the difference between 4.0 and 4.1?

This year's flagships have 4.1.2 and will get 4.3 i think. there isn't much difference between the two.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
There are always improvements and new features being added even in small updates.If you really care about updates and we all should then i would suggest you get a Nexus 4.

Hrishi

Yes they matter.
If you are concerned about getting the best out of Android , then Nexus 4 is the way to go due to huge community support.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@ Don - If u r concern about so much over these updates get a N4.. & forget...Every update is IMP,
or else stop complaining & enjoy the device u r using..

We are now enjoying 4.3 with improved battery life & trim support.. & many other things...

Useless post...

Top Bottom