Do i really need a ups

Siddhant giri

Broken In
Hey
I live in chandrapur maharashtra
And the power outages are about 2/3times a week
And i mainly only play games on my pc so if the power goes out no problem for me most games autosave but will it damage my pc?
I just cant afford it

The hardware won't be damaged but you may suffer data loss. Anyways, having a UPS is always preferable when power cut occurs so often. Moreover, a UPS will also protect the PC from voltage fluctuations.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hey
I live in chandrapur maharashtra
And the power outages are about 2/3times a week
And i mainly only play games on my pc so if the power goes out no problem for me most games autosave but will it damage my pc?
I just cant afford it

have a read here *www.halfgaar.net/why-power-failures-are-bad-for-your-data

I'm not aware of the cost of a stabblizer but a quality APC 600 VA ups costs 2.3k. If a stabblizer costs anywhere near this, get the ups instead as it will provide regulation as well as power backup.

OP
S

Siddhant giri

Broken In
I3 2120
H61 mobo
Msi r7 260x oc
4 gb ram
500gb seagate barracuda later upgrading to 1tb
450watt psu no brand thinking bout buying cx500

quicky008

Technomancer
Normally how many years does a graphics card lasts?

Depends primarily on your luck,the quality of the components used in the GPU and your usage patterns-Most well known gpu manufacturers like Asus,sapphire,zotac etc usually use good quality components in their graphics cards in order to improve their durability.Also,if you take good care of your pc and clean it on a regular basis then it should last atleast 4-5 years or longer.

Getting a ups is always recommended even if you don't experience too much voltage fluctuations or power cuts in your area-for your current system,the 600VA APC ups suggested by harshilsharma should do just fine.

Top Bottom