Do i need to install Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm_ashiq

Broken In
Dear Brother,

i use Adobe Photoshop 7. Recently I got a more than 200 new types of fonts. But my Harddisk has only a little free space.

Can i use those new fonts without installing it in Windows\Font Folder.

Thank you in advance

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I would suggest you keep as minimum fonts as possible, onlt those that u use frequently or those which you think you may use in future.
Too many fonts cramps up the system, resulting in very slow startups & other system processes.

PS: Do not remove fonts necessary for your Operating System. Removing these can result in serious system errors.

go4saket

yrana2002 said:
I would suggest you keep as minimum fonts as possible, onlt those that u use frequently or those which you think you may use in future.
Too many fonts cramps up the system, resulting in very slow startups & other system processes.

PS: Do not remove fonts necessary for your Operating System. Removing these can result in serious system errors.

Are you sure that the overall system performance is effected if one has many fonts installed. I have about 500 Fonts installed...

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ See *graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/fontoverload.htm where they discuss problems in Win 9x machines caused by having too many fonts. This apparently is not so severe in Win2k and WinXP systems...

@sm_ashiq, you should consider cleaning up your main partition (C: usually) as clutter in this drive will affect performance. Second, you should move data files away from this partition and into a separate partition... Third, if the entire Harddisk is running out of space, you should consider purchasing additional software... Finally, in the link I have provided in the beginning of the post, there is info on managing fonts - software available etc. Use it to remove unnecessary fonts and then add only fonts that you need...

Arun

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
too many fonts definitely means very very slow startup and a slower system performance

u can test the fonts using font viewers an dload the selected chosen fonts to ur windows fonts dir

i once installed corel draw 10 and about 500 fonts with it.
the next day i had to uninstall the software, to cntinue wrking

choudang

Padawan
i don't know that too many fonts can slow up the pc or startup...... cuz i have 2500+ fonts installed with Corel 12 and PS CS2. till now i didn't face any prob.

may be @Techie.. you have faced other prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom