Do I need to flash my bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2 yr old 945 motherboard supposedly from ACER.

The problem is that its having a version of Award bios which does not show any option for booting from USB devices..
I am thinking of upgrading the bios. Will this help? and can someone please guide me through the process?

hemantpl

Broken In
acer does not manufacture mobo, get the correct model of mobo by opening the case or get cpuz or cpuid software to check your mobo manufacturer, make and model, after that go to manufacturers website and see if bios update is available and then flash your bios with latest update if available.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have a 2 yr old 945 motherboard supposedly from ACER.

The problem is that its having a version of Award bios which does not show any option for booting from USB devices..
I am thinking of upgrading the bios. Will this help? and can someone please guide me through the process?

Yes..updating the BIOS..will be good for the system. As mentioned..ACER does not make motherboards. Get the manufacture type, and go to the website, and update. Usually companies have an update tool, which connects to the net, downloads the BIOS, and updates it..from the windows desktop. No need to flash and create bootable disks..

Check the manufacturer...

Download CPU-Z from here. And get the details.

Let us know..if any issues. If any doubt before updating..ask again. Dont take chances or make guesses when updating BIOS. You can render the motherboard useless, if not done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom