Do half HD and full HD look very different?

BhargavJ

In the zone
I'm thinking of getting a new computer, but in the beginning I'll be using the integrated graphics on Intel. Later I'll save money and get a better graphics card. The monitor I'll get is a full HD one, the Dell 22 inch one that is recommended in most configs. Right now I have a laptop with 1366 X 768 graphics.

What I want to ask is, is there a very big difference in the quality between 720p and 1080i when playing games, or do they look pretty much the same? Because if the difference is not great, I'll get a lower priced gfx card and play at 720p.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yes there is a substantial difference in the visual quality. Especially when you are used to a laptop screen of 720p quality(laptop screens are usually a lot worse than LED monitors of desktops. Ofcourse exceptions are there and a lot depends on the panel of the display.)
But the 22 inch full HD. You will never regret it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: obviously 1080p is better in quality than 720p.
but 720p is still amazing untill & unless u look at 1080p once...

likewise we used to enjoy DVDRip quality movies than VCD
but now in HD monitor DVDRip looks dull

gamer.geek

Broken In
@OP There's a huge difference between both the resolutions. Once you will be used to playing in 1080p, you will never want to revert back to a lower resolution panel.

But remember to get a good GFX card otherwise your gaming experience will not be that great cuz you willl have to play on low settings.

Top Bottom