Do girls play Video Games???

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i asked some girls in my neighbourhood & in my office about this, & found-- out of more than 50 girls & some kids NO ONE liked/play video games. (PC/PS2/XBoX). they preffered make-up stuffs & some of them dolls.

My question-- why dont girls even like video games.

One sunday, i was playing NFS MW, the game was in a very intense stage, ( challenging Razor).my cousin sis & my friend, both were watching the race.They were shouting at me all the time, telling me how boring that (MW)game is, sayin "either i'm chased by cops or by opponents".
& Then when i beat Razor & took the BMW M3 GTR, my friend said to me, "dont tell me, that you played this game for a week, just to win this car (BMW) ". at first i smiled at her(thinking why in all the hell would i get indulged in bloody Cop chases, if its not for the BMW--from game point of view) but couldnt help it & burst into laugh. & after this incident whenever she see's me playing games, she turns off the PC.

has anything like this happened with you guys.

NO OFFENCE girls.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
gals can't play games bcoz there IQ level and response rate is toooooooo far from us boys. I was hearing someday back tat some of the Airforce officials were asking gals tat c should play video games to pass Airforce pilot stimulator test.lol coz only 5-8 % gals pass tat test as compared to boys!

Venom

Journeyman
Haha they do play it, but not majority of them, especially here atleast, they are bound to do thier help in the house rather than spend time playing. My sister plays that guitar game (forgot thr name) and NFS MW well really.

Also, you might find a majority of girl gamers playing MMORPGs more than anything else.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Girls play games , but Gentle and Tender ones (that means no violence and adrenaline rush). My sister scolds me (though she is younger) when I blast someones body in Unreal Tournament. The only game she plays is Dave, Space Invaders or else Pinball, Solitaire. She calls me mad for playing these useless games (which are obviously fun for me).

The girls in my town do not play games too much. Too often I have noticed, Girls tend to listen to Ringtones on their cells while Boys play the Games.

sakumar79

Technomancer
My sister liked Harry potter movies a bit and I got her a game based on one of the movies... She started playing a bit but after a while, when the enemies started becoming more creepier, she would ask me to play and she would sit back, watch, back-seat-drive and scream occasionally...

Arun

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I am yet too see a girl play horror, action, even strategical games or games related to management (Tycoon, Caesar).

I said I am yet to see. I don't know if someone does.

Aditya

Sykora

I see right through you.
Don't be so sure that girls don't play games. My sister (who's about 12) has clocked UT2004 and Jedi Academy, as well as doing very well on almost all strategy games like AOE or Advance Wars. It changes from person to person.

G

gxsaurav

I know a few girls who play games here, just not like we boys play it

Most of them think gaming on a PC is wastage of time, while we boys think of it as time-pass

Well, it's not like they cannot play Doom 3 or UT2004; it just depends on the taste, nothing else. I have a friend gal who plays SIMS, she even got married & the divorced in 1 Sims day in that game :D , she also plays singles, & bought HL2 but never played it

they are not much different from us, boys, it's just they have to change their thinking that we boys play games & games are meant to be for time pass & fun, not like a ritual. My Sister, who is elder is fond of solitaire.

There was this all girls clan I heard about a few days, sponsored by VIA, in Sweden who are quake 3 players, & they like it, u just give them something interesting to play & sure even they will be hooked to it

Oh! & don't compare that we boys play with those that the girls play, or the fact, that they should also like Doom 3 or Far Cry or Harry Potter

Last edited by a moderator:

shashank4u

Youngling
girls and video games lol hahahahhahahha
girls have little or no brains u know
and those who have reserve it for saas and bahu soaps.lol
u ll find a very few gals liking video games .

Venom

Journeyman
shashank4u said:
girls and video games lol hahahahhahahha
girls have little or no brains u know
and those who have reserve it for saas and bahu soaps.lol
u ll find a very few gals liking video games .
:| That wasnt needed...

@Gx - Yes, most girls just play Sims 2, they find emulating life attractive maybe :p

Sykora

I see right through you.
He meant that the statements you made were sexist, and are unnecessary. I more or less agree with him. Those are very derogatory statements.

G

gxsaurav

yo, learn to respect girls ok, it's their choice weather to play games or not, u can't say they don't have brain just cos they don't play games

PS : We need the girls of this forum to express their views too, better call them here

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Nah it's a very biased thread this one. How can you expect a fair debate when you have no opponent only proponents, who are fighting amongst themsleves :p. We could have had a fair fight if atleast 3-4 girls were active in the forum.
Gaming is something that depends on the person's preference. I don't play much of war and fighting and such games too. Maybe an occasional game of POP on my cell or Wolfenstien at my cousin's place. None of the big games. I'd rather prefer some sports like racing, cricket, soccer, pool,etc.
And, I don't spend much time on gaming either. Partly cos I am not a big gaming freak and partly cos my PC can't handle games too well.

Vyasram

The pWnster
afaik girls like sims the most. Next up wud be the fantasy games. i'd say most of em dont like involving themselves as a character in their entertainment activities. Like they like music and movies and dont like games.

Looks like they dont like forumming either

comrade

foreign return(0)
gxsaurav said:
yo, learn to respect girls ok, it's their choice weather to play games or not, u can't say they don't have brain just cos they don't play games

PS : We need the girls of this forum to express their views too, better call them here

for the sake of gettinh girls over here only we're making such statements.. :mrgreen:

my sister used to play games like..broken sword, mysterious islands,syberia series.. so on..which tells something that they dont like blood shattering games like fps or fast pacing sports games

Venom

Journeyman
Broken Sword was a good mind game really, and havent any of you seen girls playing Road Rash in school? We had lan fun in that kicking and punching :D

n.regmi

Broken In
Girls play computer games but not as much we do. My little sister (13 years old) has finished robinhood the legend of sherwood. She used to play mario, microsoft plus! games , nfs 2 and nfs porsche on her old computer. I ust bought her new computer and she is playing NFS Most Wanted lol.

i know some girls playing Mechcommander and vice city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom