Do all software work with vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Hi guys!

I am upgrading my current Toshiba laptop to a vista based dell laptop this week. I use a lot of software in my xp based laptop. Will all these software work on vista?

Do you know when HP will come out with vista based laptops in india?

Please reply.

Pathik

Google Bot
not all xp softwares are compatible wit vista.. But most major softwares ll release their vista versions soon

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Will these software work?
Photoshop CS2
Office XP with frontpage
iTunes
Google Earth and Sketchup
Winamp
Coffeecup FTP
Jodix iPod video converter.

Please help me out! Thanks a lot!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Adobe Photoshop has been upgraded to CS3 and works fine with Vista. It is in beta stage though.
Microsoft Office has been updated to 2007.
iTunes and Skype work with Vista.
MSN Messenger has been updated to Windows Live Messenger 8 and works with Vista.
Google Earth and Sketchp work too.
I am not sure about the last three.

Hope that helped. :)

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
@aryayush: Thanks a lot.

But, I just had one more question. Since CS3 Beta is out, are you sure that CS2 wont work with Vista at all?

What about printer drivers and software? Ive got a HP Photosmart 2608 all in one. I got some software from HP along with that. Will they work?

Pathik

Google Bot
check out HP s website in a few days... m sure they ll release updated drivers for vista... same 4 winamp..

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
nagarjun_424 said:
Hi guys!

I am upgrading my current Toshiba laptop to a vista based dell laptop this week. I use a lot of software in my xp based laptop. Will all these software work on vista?

Please reply.

List of Windows Vista Compatible softwares

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
nagarjun_424 said:
@aryayush: Thanks a lot.

But, I just had one more question. Since CS3 Beta is out, are you sure that CS2 wont work with Vista at all?

What about printer drivers and software? Ive got a HP Photosmart 2608 all in one. I got some software from HP along with that. Will they work?
CS2 works with Vista but I remember that gxsaurav had once reviewed Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 and had said that launching Photoshop disables Vista's Aero interface. It might have been fixed in the release version. The software is supposed to work fine anyway.

BTW, I recommend you to download and use CS3. It is very fast and the interface rocks! :)

imdbest

Broken In
nagarjun_424 said:
Hi guys!

Please reply.

Not all S/w of XP work in Vista

'n ya HP is already in India with its range of Vista Based Laptops in its HP Pavilion Series, I have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom