DIY Speakers: Made from Scratch with 3.5mm input.

Techguy

In the zone
Hi,

I am planning on making a speaker box with a 3.5mm input cable so that I can connect my phone or laptop and listen to music.

I was planning on putting 2 tweeters and 1 sub woofer but I am not sure how to connect all of them...
I will also require an amplifier (I just need a small one that can get the job done.. )

Where can i buy a cheap simple amplifier and what rating speakers and amplifier should I buy? Will I need a crossover to separate the frequencies that go to the woofer and tweeter?

Budget: Not much less than 1k total.. I dont mind cheap speakers.

I am also open to soldering together an amplifier if it is'int too complicated. I will need a schematic too

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I have used some mono amplifiers for as low as Rs.400 for my SONY walkman (7-8yrs back) @ local electronics shop. not sure about any stereo/2.1 amplifiers. Let the experts comment.

Ciruit board+ amp cabinet+knobs = 350 & a FM module = 50

had a dual mode operation amp or FM with 3.5mm jack

used two such amps to get stereo :twisted:

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Forget the Stereo, I have got designs of a simple LM386 IC based amplifier that can output 1 W... Only Im not sure about the Speakers and where and what type to buy.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
1W is too low get chips that deliver atleast 10W+ per channel so that you can drive atleast a pair of small speakers

Top Bottom