Divinity: Original Sin 2

SyN

Broken In
still, haven't finished the Original Sin after my save game file got deleted. this looks cool!

OP

Killing Machine
My friend is playing atm and he said it is a pretty damn good sequel to the original masterpiece.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My friend is playing atm and he said it is a pretty damn good sequel to the original masterpiece.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Im somewhat dissapointed with this title.
In my opinion, OS1 was vastly superior to this. Few complaints I have
- The soundtrack, its not even close to what OS1 had. Sadly Kiril Pokrovsky dieded :( RIP
- The combat system is just a slower, the physical damage and magic damage shields wasnt needed at all. Now for status effects, you need to slow poke the enemies until their shields are gone, then you can stun, zap, burn your enemies. Moreover, Physical and Magical are now separate, so it now makes sense to target some enemies with Magical damage and some with Physical, otherwise you would just have to burn through both shields.
- There is no proper town for buying and selling of loot, Its more like a nomadic adventure where you move around and complete quests. This is very dissapointing for me because Cysael from the first game was so memorable and lighthearted.
- MASSIVE SPOILER
Halfway through the game, 2 of your companions die, there is no way to prevent this and u can only choose which 2 companions die. This is a massive kick in the nuts because all their personal storyline quests and such just immediately fail. :(
Moreover, since the right way to play this game is by choosing an origin story, it lacks the uniqueness and player personality of the first game. Also i loved the arguments the two PCs had in the first game and it was resolved through a stone paper scissor system, which in itself wasnt perfect but unique.
For now Ive quit playing the game. the game itself is very good, just not a worthy successor to OS1

Reactions: 007
OP

Killing Machine
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition patch is out.

Hello!

You have probably noticed a big update that came to Divinity: Original Sin 2. The big update is the Definitive Edition that was added.

People that have bought Original Sin 2 when it came out, get this for free. It is an optimized, revised, rebalanced version of the game, with a couple of new features, overhauled Arena mode, better UI, better journal, rewritten dialogues, and much more.

*steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/26064318/0819c9ce4489c7b34e282f95ea82713ed5831e0a.png

If you would like to know what exactly "much more" is, we have tried to document it here, in over 50 pages: *docs.google.com/document/d/1IcADAJsLeHHXYjCnR5MwCm9GTWRdKzRtIYcCqO_RI6U/edit

Top Bottom