Distrowatch: the MISSING COLUMN (PHR)Any one Noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello,

If you are a avid distro hoper, you wouldn't miss your daily monring Tea (or Coffee) in Distrowatch.com ,the site where Distributions of Linux and BSD variants are fought the *****ed battle to hit the ranking system.. recently it has come in to controversy, when the undisputed king of Linux Distro Ubuntu lost it lead to Pcluinux OS, than several alleged, that the pclinux OS followeres are doing some scripting attack, so to get higher ranking...

To Day when I noticed the field in the morning the Page Hit Ranking column gone just a plain bank space is there..

anyone know , what it is??

with regards,
Vaithy

praka123

left this forum longback
yeah,i saw that too.maybe pclinos guys may have faked distrowatch.that may have took down the meter.afaik Ubuntu is the distro best known to normal compu guys these days.earlier it used to be redhat & sometimes suse!.
edit:read the comments!:
*distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071015&mode=43#comments

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
What a load of crap!! Who cares what is no.1 on distrowatch. Most people forget that GNU/Linux is all about choices, choose the one you are comfortable with and be done with it. Its unfortunate that people quarrel about petty things like these instead of thinking about Linux as a whole.

The only times I visit distrowatch is to find out release dates of various distros.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Dear htbox,
it is true, must of the users don't care about the ranking, I use Granular Linux which was than 100 th place, now 61st place in DW,,along with ubuntu and sabayan..Must of the institutes where inux taught, use fedora, and cent OS,ubuntu has been used by million through it shipit network, distro like PCLinux only to be downloaded from mirrors and sites so they are easily trackable.DW may list all the distros available instead of ranking..
with regards,
vaithy

WELL,

PHR colum is again back, obviously, the column was taen for filtering unsolidated hits or improper web sites redirections from the concerned distros supporters, anyway, there is no improvement in the ranking,still PCLOS is rapidly leading and ubuntu is showing downwards trend.. but the real shock is downwards of Mandriva and upwards of Suse. because Suse has burned many installations completely wiping previous bootloader, as per many websites revive and my own experience, where as Mandriva -2008 has scored well with many reviwers with a prediction that it will review the fortune of the company..Sadly DW is the only standard accepted (even it is not foolproof) there shuld be some otherway to deteermine the popularity of particular distros..

with regards,
vaithy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom