Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack on Demonoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyush

Lanaya
Demonoid, one of the biggest torrent sites around, was taken down on July 25 after a massive Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. The website is now completely unresponsive, although its administrator says he says he will bring it back eventually.

"I don't plan on shutting down, but if Im going to fix it I have to do it properly," the administrator told TorrentFreak. "That means upgrading a lot of our 7 year old hardware and maybe bringing up the beta only. You know how it goes with demonoid. It might take a while but it will come back."

Demonoid admin: We'll be back | ZDNet

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
What's Kat?
Never mind, found it. It has recently come out that Ukraine has confiscated all of Demonoids hardware as a way to please the USA.
Ukrainian police bust BitTorrent tracker Demonoid | ITProPortal.com

Ukrainian Officials Shut Down Demonoid BitTorrent Tracker | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

tkin

Back to school!!
KAT sucks, spread malware, demonoid was good for anime, now where the hell am I supposed to get Anime from, POS USA, can't wait for the day china brings hell down that country :x

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
KAT sucks, spread malware, demonoid was good for anime, now where the hell am I supposed to get Anime from, POS USA, can't wait for the day china brings hell down that country :x

yea...same anime problem here :(

Theodre

In the zone
Don't you guys read???? The site is taken down by the local authorities of ukraine where the site is said to have the server!!!! :(
Source

And this is the latest update being the site admin facing criminal investigation in mexico :|

Source

Theodre

In the zone
^^No, its you who doesn't read, look a few posts above.

Oops, my bad.... :D But the thing is that it now faces criminal investigation too :( It's so sad.... I hope they will spring to life again!!!
I don't like saying R.I.P to such an awesome site :(

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Hmm never used demonoid.
Hollywood controls USA's anti-piracy thingy.Soon anyone who defies them will go the way megaupload went.
Can't keep their noses out of others business :-x

Theodre

In the zone
:evil:Yes, you are correct :mad: they think they are the gods... But well they are not!!!:evil::evil: I hope anonymous does something about this!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: If i was a h4cker..............:evil::evil:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
being a superpower has its perks & china no matter how hard it try will never have influence like USA has now or in the past.anyway @tkin & @piyush what anime problem you are referring to.my cousin never used demonoid but his anime collection is still decent(~2000gb i think & growing).

tkin

Back to school!!
being a superpower has its perks & china no matter how hard it try will never have influence like USA has now or in the past.anyway @tkin & @piyush what anime problem you are referring to.my cousin never used demonoid but his anime collection is still decent(~2000gb i think & growing).
Your cousin must be using private trackers, next time I go to NCR I'll take a few TB HDDs with me :wink:

And USA is a military superpower, not economic, china took that place long back.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not true.china holds biggest amount of US debt(~$2 trillion i think) in world.what this means is if US economy collapses & $ become worthless so will be the chinese economy(US being biggest buyer of its products) & its forex reserve($2trillion now worth nothing).no country can maintain military superpower status without also being economic superpower(former USSR is a perfect example).the day US loses its economic superpower status its military superpower status too will be gone soon after.

btw US defense budget is ~$600 billion per year(officially) compared to china's ~$100 billion(officially but claimed to be ~$160 billion in reality).

tkin

Back to school!!
not true.china holds biggest amount of US debt(~$2 trillion i think) in world.what this means is if US economy collapses & $ become worthless so will be the chinese economy(US being biggest buyer of its products) & its forex reserve($2trillion now worth nothing).no country can maintain military superpower status without also being economic superpower(former USSR is a perfect example).the day US loses its economic superpower status its military superpower status too will be gone soon after.

btw US defense budget is ~$600 billion per year(officially) compared to china's ~$100 billion(officially but claimed to be ~$160 billion in reality).
But usa will collapse first, watch castle tv show episode "Pandora"

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have seen that & again another good point to prove why hollywood/US TV shows should not be taken seriously.if you really want to grasp economic concepts try reading nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman articles in THE HINDU paper.that castle episode theory was like reducing 3rd order differential equations to simple multiplication division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom