Distribute soft-drink among lawyers or face disciplinary action

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Aravind Kumar slams a cop for sipping soft-drink during a virtual hearing. The chief justice directed the cop to distribute 100 cans among lawyers or face disciplinary action. :rofl:

Source:
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos...c-chief-justice-to-cop/videoshow/89669077.cms

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
everyone who is sitting during a vc of court proceedings need to understand that it is equivalent to regular court proceedings. disciplinary action has been taken on some of the lawyers as well not adhering to standard.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
too much politics involved. there are many more qualified than me whose names have not been considered. then there are many who have been offered it but refused. its very complicated sir.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Aravind Kumar slams a cop for sipping soft-drink during a virtual hearing. The chief justice directed the cop to distribute 100 cans among lawyers or face disciplinary action. :rofl:

Source:
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos...c-chief-justice-to-cop/videoshow/89669077.cms
Makes sense. Though IMO sipping soft drink is not very different from drinking water or is that not allowed in courts as well?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Makes sense. Though IMO sipping soft drink is not very different from drinking water or is that not allowed in courts as well?

because glass of water is sanskari and soft drink is not. What do you expect from Gujurat lol

drinking water is allowed but whether an advocate is drinking or a judge, they always hide it behind the case file and quickly do it. doing it in front of everyone in open is considered bad manners as per court norms. everyone is required to maintain the decorum of the court.

icebags

Technomancer
i also understand why drinking waters should be short and only on need basis. i mean some serious stuff might be going and and if people just walk around holding their glass and taking a sip every once is a while, awkward.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i also understand why drinking waters should be short and only on need basis. i mean some serious stuff might be going and and if people just walk around holding their glass and taking a sip every once is a while, awkward.
That depends upon the theme and curriculum. In a Court its complete protocol everybody has to follow. But in LokSabha everybody drinks a cup of water. In a Party everyone will roam with a glass of liquor and Dance like Monkey.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Weird thing is that by distributing soft drinks to everyone, everyone will be drinking soft drinks in court. Or did he intend to distribute the soft drinks after the session ends?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Weird thing is that by distributing soft drinks to everyone, everyone will be drinking soft drinks in court. Or did he intend to distribute the soft drinks after the session ends?
everyone involved in vc knows what to do in a court. most of the time police personnel are either present at the back, far away (they can drink & hide it but most of the time they go out as they are terrified), or standing in front of the judges (they are too terrified to do anything). whatever is the rank, they are in awe of judges and advocates inside the court premises. this policeman must be on vc for the first time so he didn't realize it.

Top Bottom