Display problem after installing Mandrake 10.1(HELP man!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
vi is something that will surely be there, use "vi filename" to edit a file, press to enter insert mode, make your changes, press <ESC> to exit from insert mode, Hit colon (shift + ; ), type "wq" and press enter to save and exit.

Also you have some other easier editors which may be there, "pico" is an example, its pretty easy to use.

And now, in the xorg.conf file it seems the i810 driver is being used. In the video card config of xorgconfig, did you select the proper card you have? Also try lowering the "VertRefresh" option to "50-75".

OP
anomit

anomit

In the zone
I went to Intel's support website for the 82845G Graphics Controller. It says for Xorg systems the 810 driver would do and no need for sperate drivers. It though, says that for VESA mode, I should add a line [VideoRam ="65536"] as I have 256MB of RAM and that increases my video ram to 64 MB.

XFree86
Intel Graphics support has been added as an extension to the "i810" driver. If the distribution does not offer the option to select your graphics adapter, select "i810," "Intel 810," or the closest match to your actual chipset.

The same driver is used for X.org.
The "i810" driver is used for all Intel onboard graphics controllers.

My monitors Vertical Frequency is 50-120 Hz.

Anyways let me try out vi first. I'll let know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom