Disk Partitioning

jatin_arora

Broken In
Hello everyone...i have recently purchased a laptop and i am facing problem in making partitions of my 500gb hard-disk..
i am using windows 7 ultimate. i want to create basis partitions not dynamic. i have also tried softwares like easus partition bt i encountered an error.
Plz help me to create basic partitions..

Thnx in advance :)

OP
jatin_arora

jatin_arora

Broken In
Disk Management.jpg

This is the screenshot of my disk management as asked by dashing sujay.
And i want to partition my "C" drive. I want to create 2 more basic partitions of 100gb out of my c drive.

i have used partition magic before on xp is it compatible with win 7 too??
as i heard it frm my frnds that partition magic doesnt work on win 7.
So plz clerify my doubt

try with "partition magic" software ,its work like a charm . enjoy.
Hi i have used partition magic before with xp. i want to knw is it compatible with win 7 too??

try with "partition magic" software ,its work like a charm . enjoy.

I have installed partition magic 8.0 jst nw it is not compatible with win 7.
Plz suggest me sm other software...

manmeet

Right off the assembly line
Hi
You don't require any software to create/delete partition in Windows 7 or 8. Have a look over here.

Regards
Manmeet

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You won't be able to create any basic partition any more as you already have created 4 primary partitions. Instead you'll have to first one partition to an extended partition and then create as many partitions as you want to.

What exactly you should do is to convert HP_TOOLS partition, then carve out the required space from C:.

And use Easeus partition manager.

OP
jatin_arora

jatin_arora

Broken In
You won't be able to create any basic partition any more as you already have created 4 primary partitions. Instead you'll have to first one partition to an extended partition and then create as many partitions as you want to.

What exactly you should do is to convert HP_TOOLS partition, then carve out the required space from C:.

And use Easeus partition manager.

i have seen a video on youtube to convert dynamic partition to basic.
i can make dynamic partition first then convert it into basic using easus partition....
as i didnt got wat u syng....i thnk u have missed a word in first sentence.

Yes its compatible. :)
i have already tried it is not compatible with win 7.
i downloaded partition magic 8.0

Hi
You don't require any software to create/delete partition in Windows 7 or 8. Have a look over here.

Regards
Manmeet
Problem is to make basic partition, i have tried makng partition bt a message appeard saying that the new partition formed will b dynamic not basic. this is the problem i want to make a basic partition

Rajesh345

Youngling
i can make dynamic partition first then convert it into basic using easus partition....

i have already tried it is not compatible with win 7.
i downloaded partition magic 8.0

Problem is to make basic partition, i have tried makng partition bt a message appeard saying that the new partition formed will b dynamic not basic. this is the problem i want to make a basic partition
you won't be able to make basic partition any more as u already have four primary parttion. if u try to make any more it will be auto convert it drive to dynamic

if u want to cr8 basic partition only solution is to create extended partition by deleting it last partition And gr8 extended.then u will b able to make basic logical partition

OP
jatin_arora

jatin_arora

Broken In
you won't be able to make basic partition any more as u already have four primary parttion. if u try to make any more it will be auto convert it drive to dynamic

if u want to cr8 basic partition only solution is to create extended partition by deleting it last partition And gr8 extended.then u will b able to make basic logical partition
i have uploaded screenshot of my disk management, sholud i delete HP_TOOLS partition and then shrink my c drive n form a new drive of around 100gb then will it be basic...??
And deletng HP_TOOLS will damage my laptop in any way??

doomgiver

Warframe
no, hp_tools are just some software which the company "thinks" is good for you, but is actually not. no problem, delete that partition.

if you are scared about data loss, just make an image or somethign of the partition. i too deleted my hp_tools and reinstalled windows. nothing bad happened.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

When you can go by road why are you trying to climb the mountain ? :)

doomgiver

Warframe
there is no "BASIC" "DYNAMIC" partition.

they are primary and extended. you can have 4 partitions at max...... upto 3 primary and one extended, or 4 primary.

extened partition can have any number of logical partitions inside it. get it?

OP
jatin_arora

jatin_arora

Broken In
no, hp_tools are just some software which the company "thinks" is good for you, but is actually not. no problem, delete that partition.

if you are scared about data loss, just make an image or somethign of the partition. i too deleted my hp_tools and reinstalled windows. nothing bad happened.

aftr deletng hp_tools i also have to reinstall windows?? or jst aftr dltng it and thn makng a basic disk is sufficient??

there is no "BASIC" "DYNAMIC" partition.

they are primary and extended. you can have 4 partitions at max...... upto 3 primary and one extended, or 4 primary.

extened partition can have any number of logical partitions inside it. get it?
yup, n thnx 4 correcting me...:)

Top Bottom