Disk drive not reading all DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
your dvd drive is the problem here...symptoms of an imminent failure..if in warranty get it repaired/replaced under warranty...but before that u can try cleaning the lens with lens cleaner kit...but better to claim warranty if it is there

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I too have a Samsung DVD Writer, TSST SH-203D. It reads CDs, burns DVDs, read SL DVDs but isn't able to read DL DVDs. In My Computer section, DVD-RAM drive icon shows either No Disk or Hangs the system. What should I do, I the damn thing this Feb only as replacement to my prior Sony DVD Writer which too stopped reading DL DVDs.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
well it is the rainy season...now could it have resulted in some deposits on the lens ..if i m not wrong...reading dual layer dvd need more lens power...try cleaning the lens with a dvd lens cleaner kit..the one which uses disc with brush and see or you could even try updating the firnware...
if it is in warranty..you would rather take it to claim warranty or wished that the dvd reading and writing failed also...and the claim warranty without any fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom