[Discussion]What should be the ideal punishment for rapists?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i mean you cant expect a totalitarian regime and say, she is my wife or daughter or mother and say that no man harbors fantasies for her accept it they do.... it doesnt work like that... we find people attractive and some people like to talk about their feelings, some dont... its the people who bottle up their feelings and then explode..

Stone him till he die...

then the human rights will come after your head...

Flash

Lost in speed
thanks to bollywood, first they glorify this and then they cry about it. morons.
All the 'woods' of India, do the same.

A typical representation will be "A villain eyeing on his house-maid, and approaches her by saying he will do whatever she likes. Lady cries, Villain smiles & approach, Lady struggles at first, Villain still believes in 'Perseverence never fails' and then a scene showing the 'facial expression of lady's face to show that she likes what he do to her'. . . . Bla bla bla..

Stone him till he die...
Even the judiciary system gives an option for accused, to defend him with a lawyer if he is really falsified.
We are in DEMO-cratic India, man.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
All the 'woods' of India, do the same.

A typical representation will be "A villain eyeing on his house-maid, and approaches her by saying he will do whatever she likes. Lady cries, Villain smiles & approach, Lady struggles at first, Villain still believes in 'Perseverence never fails' and then a scene showing the 'facial expression of lady's face to show that she likes what he do to her'. . . . Bla bla bla..

Even the judiciary system gives an option for accused, to defend him with a lawyer if he is really falsified.
We are in DEMO-cratic India, man.

+1, but in their defence they claim that we are showing art, we are showing the reality, and all they are showing is women treated as **** bikini clad dancing....

Demon-cratic society man, celebrity kills people : makes hundreds of crores in his films, kills endangered species : appearing in a cinema near you. The rich and powerful are left apart, the poor are punished... this is a country where power was supposed to be decentralized and yet it is one person who commands everything. we call ourselves a democracy... and what do we have to show for that?

1. we failed to protect our women
2. we failed to stop corruption
3. we failed to provide good education
4. we failed to unite in a nation
5. we failed to resolve our differences

the parliament of the country has been sitting and bullshitting since the last 20 years, doing nothing. its the people who have been driving the country forward... but for how long? ... i am proud to be an indian because i abide by the law, i help the needy and i fullfill my duty. not because i live in india.

Flash

Lost in speed
Eroticism is an art, but some ill-minded morons mix their ill-minded-thoughts to cook a flavor to boost the money & pleasure.
A right thing to the wrong-audience, will make the 'right-thing' to appear it as 'wrong-thing' for them. Vice versa. . .

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, the moment you start judging people by their attire, you are on wrong path.

Its you, who can't control your libido. Yes, you are hardwired to look at every girl...first at the boobs and then the face and then the back. But, then again you are a human. And you are famous to have the power to control your actions and emotions.

We all are open minded within our limits. Something that is obscene for you could be someone else's daily living
Ref,
Prostitution legal and regulated

In some countries, prostitution is legal and regulated, though activities like pimping and street-walking are generally illegal. The degree of regulation varies by country, for example, not all countries require mandatory health checks (because such checks are seen as too intrusive, a violation of human rights and discriminatory, since the clients aren't subjected to them).

In some of these places, the regulations are very tight (e.g., Nevada), while other places (e.g., New Zealand) are very loosely regulated.

Africa: Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal
Asia:
Europe: Austria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey
North America: Mexico, Panama, United States (only in some rural counties of Nevada, see Prostitution in Nevada)
Oceania: Australia (in most eastern states, see Prostitution in Australia), New Zealand
South America: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

Stop judging WOMEN! That is the first healthy and constructive step you can take. This applies to both men and women.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Guys, the moment you start judging people by their attire, you are on wrong path.

Its you, who can't control your libido. Yes, you are hardwired to look at every girl...first at the boobs and then the face and then the back. But, then again you are a human. And you are famous to have the power to control your actions and emotions.

We all are open minded within our limits. Something that is obscene for you could be someone else's daily living
Ref,

Stop judging WOMEN! That is the first healthy and constructive step you can take. This applies to both men and women.

^^ you left out India legal : yes , regulated : no.

i dont judge women, hell i dont care if shes black brown or white if i like what i see then i like. but i feel that its the thought of the man which leads him to rape women. i never said prostitution was obscene, but yes trying to brand every good looking girl as a prostitute and then glorifying about it. thats just wrong.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
I agree with most of the members here. We cant take the extreme approach. As far as punishment is concerned, it will not go beyond a proper death sentence. Laws can never be extreme. A law is not just about punishing the guilty, it's also about protecting the innocent.

I observed crime prevention in the US. I admire the way law makers have crafted laws and the way law enforcement is maintaining it. As far as sex offences are concerned, when a offender is convicted, they are subjected to fine and jail time. The most important part of their punishment starts after they get out of jail.

These people are permanently labeled as "Sex Offender". Even if they had sent a graphic text message to their colleague, they will make it to this list. What this means is, his Social Security Number is permanently linked with his new status. He is now required by law to disclose his status whenever he is applying for a job, getting a new house, etc. Failure to do so will initiate immediate arrest warrant. All these places have background checks so he cant get away without disclosing his status. Local police keep a constant grip on these criminals and keep the records updated.

Sex Offenders also make it to a special database maintained by US Department of Justice. It's called The National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW). Here, anyone with internet access can find out sex offenders in the entire country. The website has an interactive map with exact address location of the offenders. With just a few clicks, you can find all the sex offenders, with pictures, in your area or around your kids's school. The ocean of information they have made public include the cars they own(including plate numbers), where they work, their crime, status, and an option to report anything about these people.

I am not sure how effective this approach will be considering the fact that there's no working social security number system in India. However, the database will be a good place to start.

Flash

Lost in speed
^
What if he/she (the offender) wants to start a NEW COMPANY/NEW LIFE after realizing his/her crime and want to be a NEW MAN/WOMAN.
Bank's wont give loan (Crime background)-Companies wont give jobs (Fearing harassment to its employees)-Neighborhood people fear them (coz of his dark past).

This is enough to make his life EVEN BITTER to turn the one-time-offender into Society-hating-Psychopath.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
that's a very valid argument. The laws are tough and they are implemented very aggressively. But sometimes things get pushed a bit too far. (Public urination might qualify for a sex offence)

However, these laws are enough to keep a good number of people on the right path. These people are not allowed within 200 ft of a schools. they are forbidden from inviting children for "trick or treat"(a Halloween tradition where people keep the porch lights on to tell kids that they are giving away candies to kids.).

The number of repeat offenders are very high. This system is just a way to alert people before they get into a relationship, hire a babysitter etc.

Top Bottom