Disabling Windows Standby Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Hi All,
From a few days I'm havin a strange problem.My windows-xp SP2 and windows vista ultimate both r goin in standby mode automatically after some time of power-on. :confused:
The CPU automatically goes into standby mode after around 30min of processing time.Evn after resumin it, the same process continues again bt in 10min or so or mayb more...It;s gets really frustating.:mad:
I have tried disabling all options in the windows "Power On" options in control panel, bt it proved of no use. I have checked in the Bios Option and found out dat the CPU temp was 38C and Motherboard Temp was 35C.So I dont think it's that high. Evn if the Cpu gets heated up then it generally leads to Shutdown or system freeze bt here no such thing occurs anytym:(.
I'm using a Asus AMD based motherboard with freshly installed windows-xp and windows-vista(I tried reinstallin again, bt evn dat was no soln:()...Please help me out...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Anup

waints

Right off the assembly line
Very strange but I don't think its an OS glitch if you are sure that OSs installation were perfect. You could try downloading the latest drivers for all the devices on the comp. Try looking at the BIOS you might find something there. I'll look around and try to find an answer for ya in the meantime...

Last edited:
OP
V

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
I downloaded the latest drivers of graphics card and sound card....
Still the problem is pursuing:confused:
Totally stuck....:-(

OP
V

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
Hi All,

After a lot of R&D i finally found the stupid automatic standby prblm.....
It was bcoz of k-lite codec pack..
I had a bit older version of dat codec file compared to my latest pc. So wenver explorer would find any .avi file and cudnt get thumbnail image of it, it would put windows to sleep.:(... Can u believe the same prblm was pursuing in Windows-vista!!!:eek:

So i jst installed the latest version of k-lite pack and evrythin wrkin fine...

I jst wanted to point this out, bcoz sum1 elz might have the same prblm...:cool:

Cheers,
Anup

waints

Right off the assembly line
I had a bit older version of dat codec file compared to my latest pc. So wenver explorer would find any .avi file and cudnt get thumbnail image of it, it would put windows to sleep.:(... Can u believe the same prblm was pursuing in Windows-vista!!!:eek:

Thats very freaky, mate.
I am sure this is more of windows bug than anything else.
Congratulations, you did it...!!!

jbohaj

Broken In
Ya, it is Windows problem but caused by faulty 3rd Party drivers. Standby & Hibernate are not available in my Windows SP-3. I am troubleshooting but not succeed yet. I am installing Latest drivers for Mobo, Sound, Graphics. But not succeeded yet. Please assist! that how to retrieve the the STANDBY.

kik6kik6

Banned
Wholesale LOT 10 PCS NFL JERSEYS $250

Wholesale LOT 20 PCS NEW ERA HATS $180
Wholesale LOT 10 PCS LACOSTE SHIRTS $150
Wholesale LOT 10 PCS POLO SHIRTS $190
Wholesale LOT 10 PCS NFL JERSEYS $250
Wholesale LOT 10 PCS JORDAN SHOES $400
ALL FREE SHIPPING

Please visit our website www.6kicks.com

Buy brand name products for cheap. wholesale clothing, wholesale handbags, wholesale apparel, wholesale shoes, wholesale sunglasses,wholesale electronics, wholesale jewelry, wholesale t shirts. wholesale purses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom