Not open for further replies.

yesh_1683

Broken In
I have dual bot system
Windows 98 SE in C
Windows XP pro in D [SP1]

I have e donkey 2000 file sharing sysytem

but it doesnot work as my windows is firewalled

so can some one help me how to completely disable the windows firewall?

thanking all

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I really dont support completly diabling the firewall...Try this ...will definatly make your file sharing so easy...
DOWNLOAD : *fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1090429704/1
If the above Step donest work ...try this following steps...and hints
*www.edonkey2000.com/documentation/sharing.html

God bless :p

theraven

Technomancer
:SHOCK:
windows internal firewall sux
just disable it by going to
control panel => security centre
and use zonealarm instead
if u insist on not using any firewall and wanna get rid of the security centre msg that pops up everytime .. then again goto security centre
in the left pane click on "change the way security centre alerts me"
and deselect firewall
have fun

H

h4ck3r

Zone alarm also sux

You must note tht zone alarm firewall also sux becoz it is prone to cert things..I dont wanna mention more..its vulnerable to a hacker .

indrajit

Journeyman
Re: Zone alarm also sux

h4ck3r said:
You must note tht zone alarm firewall also sux becoz it is prone to cert things..I dont wanna mention more..its vulnerable to a hacker .

Well, if you do want to make a comment 'bout a s/w like Zonealarm, I think you should mention a little more.

digen

Youngling

Can you give provide us some more info dude?
Perhaps a link from a trusted source should do no harm. :)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried edonkey couple of days back but couldnt get pc cillin firewall to accept it . u have an option for zone alarm though

*www.edonkey2000.com/documentation/za.html

@hack : if zonealarm is vulnerable , could u atleast provide the link or tell which version causes the prob

H

h4ck3r

I cant disobey rulez...

Sorry dudez i cant talk abt hacking here.
There are three vulnerabilities to finish zone alarm..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
theraven said:
if u insist on not using any firewall and wanna get rid of the security centre msg that pops up everytime .. then again goto security centre
in the left pane click on "change the way security centre alerts me"
and deselect firewall
have fun
raven, this was the problem that was bugging me! now got rid of it.
even the automatic update is disabled.

digen

Youngling
Sorry dudez i cant talk abt hacking here.
There are three vulnerabilities to finish zone alarm..

You resistance to provide more information made me feel vulnerable :cry: cause there are people who use zone alarm with a lot of trust.I'm one of them.
Just a quick google search led to me 2 security sites that have some kind of info that may be resembling to whatever you are talking about.

Security Tracker

Secunia

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Guys,

the known 3 so called vulnerabilities are here :

1) Thermite via Process Injection

Desc: Thermite, unlike other leaktest that injects it's code into another processes via DLL, injects it's code into the target process directly, by creating an additional malicious thread within that process! totally invisible to some actual personal firewalls.

more info here :

Code:
*www.firewallleaktester.com/leaktest8.htm

2) Copycat via Process Injection

Desc: Like Thermite, copycat uses direct code injection (without creating an additional thread) into a web browser to prevent it from being caught by firewall.

Note: Almost all AV catches Copycat. Well Norton did so I am assuming everything else will too :D

more info here :

Code:
*www.firewallleaktester.com/leaktest9.htm

3) Wallbreaker

Details are here below:

Code:
*www.firewallleaktester.com/leaktest11.htm

And the complete list of tests is here:

Code:
*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

I posted this a while ago but I guess no ones bothered.

And seriously most of the firewalls fail when it comes to the mentioned above 3 tests. And the no of actual virus or trojans which will go into such complicated process manipulation...well I leave it upto u guys to think it out...

H

h4ck3r

hey icecoolz come on try....

hey icecoolz come on try....finding two more exploits tht i know 8) for zonealarm.. BTW thanks for the info becoz i knew the 1st and 2nd..third is an addition ...
The hint is zonealram is prone to ------ flooding....and the next exploit find it out for yoself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom