DirectX update for 7600GT, 9c or X???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have a dual boot XP & vista.
I am having display problems taht the background applications come over the foreground display & leave the stuck image for a while.

I need to update directX but I am confused should I download 10x version or the last 9c version.
My card does not support 10X version in terms of hardware but will it run with it or should I install latest 9C version only.

As far as I remember I installed 9c on my comp but when I check the DirectX files the date is shown as aug 04 which I doubt if 9c(4.09.0000.0904) is it that old???

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
There's a single package for both XP and Vista.U need to validate ur pc before downloading it from microsoft's official site.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
That does not answer my question.
What should I download? I already have 9c installed shown on my comp but the dates shows is quite old hence I doubt that when I instaled it it may have shown me updated version but its not really updated since the date is shown still as aug-04.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Err, does your problem occur both on Vista and XP? If so then it is NOT a DirectX issue. Cause Vista uses Dx10 by default and XP can't use Dx10 at all. Maybe you should look somewhere else than Dx versions.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Even I thought so bcoz vista does not have a problem.
Let me try updating the driver I am downloading it now.

Update
Now I ran into another problem here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=606054#post606054

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Off ho,microsoft employees are not fools to make ur card be updated with directX 10 if its not directX 10 compatible.The directX 10 libraries will not be installed in XP or even if they are installed they won't be used.There's only one package and its foolish to go for the old one as the new ones contain all the updates.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ya but IS it possible, i mean m$ is already losing money on vista, why dont they promote dx10 on xp to at least earn SOME money by like selling special dx10 for xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom