DirectX 10 All lies and some truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Help~Is~Here said:
If you are talking about the PS3 thing, I have proved it beyond doubt and I don't need to prove it anymore to you. Any more of your disapproval is your ignorance and not my problem or fault.

For others who thing I am crapping this thread is not seeing what is happening. All I said in the begenning was nothing but the desperate and kiddish way he was expressing his concern. And another newbie just thought I was crapping around and he started asking me to go to my mama when it was him who needed to. :D Anyways, I'm not giong to waste my time trying to argue about it.

I completely acknowledge and agree with what he has said about DX10 cards. But one needs to understand that the whole thing in the computer world is about making money. Look at the frequency in which the new and so called updated cards are coming out at!! Even before you know, 3 months down the line, your card is outdated. The mass marketing by the companies on the very little or no performance improvement seems like a big thing for all of us. But never to forget that it's we consumers who's inability to understand that there isn't a need to constantly upgrade as we ourselves are feeding the companies with money and assuring the companies that even if they come out with another card that is sligtly better then we will buy it. In short, we can't complain, it's because of us that companies come out constantly with new cards with hardly any performance improvement. If the card manufacturers know that they can do better, then they should wait, develop a card fully and far superior to the existing one and release them at specific intervals and not every 4th week. You don't need an 8800GTS to play todays games at it's best. A 7600Gt or 7950 will work equally or much beautiful than the 8800GTS taking all the games on an average and not look at couple of specific games!!

However, speaking of DX10. It's a new technology and just because card that support DX10 is already available doesn't mean games are any better. Games will take time to adapt to the unified shader architecture. One more reason for game developers to not go in for DX10 instantly is because of the mass use of DX9. Only a very small percentage has upgraded to DX10 based cards and making games work specifically better for the DX10 means that it will not work on DX9 and game developers are not willing to take that gamble right now. So, it's going to take time before it's potential is realized.

No companies are forcing you to buy better cards, it's upto you as a consumer to realise which is better and buy it for yourself and not complain about the company because of your misjudgement! People make money by selling lot of things, it always upto you to decide whether to get conned or not. The only thing that ticked me off was the way in which you took it real personal and was complaining as if the company conned you. All these facts are very well known by most of the people.. it's not something new.

As with regards to the PS3. It's very easy easy to overlook the achievement in the difference of architecture and development. The PS3 has not been upgraded a million times and no one is again forcing you to keep on upgrading it. It's here to stay and game developers will have enough time to create games that will work well with this platform unlike PC where even before developers perfect software/games for a new technology another new technology comes out and they try to develop on that platform and everything is left half baked and you get nothing. The very example is the 64bit computing. Technology entusiasm didn't stay long around 64 bit as the new dual core technologies overshadowed it and developers hardly bother to go 64 bit all out!! But the technology is advanced and promising. It's just PC hardware companies that keep pushing out this technology like they didn't know it was coming and as if they got it like a thunder bolt from the sky who is making all the money.

No technology is developed overnight and even when companies like Nvidia know that they will be releasing a card with a better technology which they are already working on, yet they release another card with the current technology under a different model no. to sell more cards!!

Moral of the story: Do your own reaserch before buying things because there is no point in blaming the companies because of the midjudgement on your part.
Nvidia/Micosoft pay game developers to make games for DirectX 10 software and hardware and this is the only reason why most people upgrade after they are exposed to all the eye-candy.I am not talking about upgrading to a newer low end/main stream segment but the so called mid/higher one considering the gamers as these are the ones which make more money for them as most of the lower end segment is satisfied by intel onboard.All my claims are from sources that provided articles which I read in the last 8 months.I don't hate u and i never will but ur point is partially incorrect.And we are not here to prove our points,cause only uneducated politicians claim to prove points,we are here to discuss and share our experiences with other witty forum members.I don't hate u and I never will but please do respect others.

^^ I don't have any lack of respect for anyone and neither is there any reason I should show towards quite an old member of the forum. What I said for your first post was in a funny way and not meant to be insulting because your post felt a bit desperate.. that's all

Only when newbies come in try to fool around saying go see your mama like idiots and try to rule you.. that's what really pisses me off.. so nothing directed against you and neither do I hate you.. no reason for me to do that.. I dont' want to crap the thread anymore about this issue.. hope the discussion will carry on..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hey thats well Settled !
Keep up the spirit of this forum!!!!
Some times i wonder whether the personal insults does brings out the best amongst us.
Should have a look at Arya and GX_saurav.
Look at you two there. Lovely post and articulation of the facts.
Keep up the good work and let those grey cells work.
:)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Harvik780 said:
I don't hate u and i never will but ur point is partially incorrect.
Help~Is~Here said:
so nothing directed against you and neither do I hate you.. no reason for me to do that..
what r u guys put to now. :D
ok just kidding.
good u stopped scolding each other, and started using a better way to argue.
Let the peace prevail!!!

Stalker

Padawan
just a query............

will the 9xxx series be pci-e v2??

Harvik said:
well I m sure many of you don't know that two HD2900 XT in crossfire beats the pants of two 8800 ultras in SLI in 3dMrak 2006 by scoring over 25000.

Hey check this
this *www.gamespot.com/features/6173135/p-6.html

Dunno whether it is the LATEST , but the 8800Ultra SLi beats the 2900XT crossfire by a very small margin

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Stalker said:
just a query............

will the 9xxx series be pci-e v2??

Hey check this
this *www.gamespot.com/features/6173135/p-6.html

Dunno whether it is the LATEST , but the 8800Ultra SLi beats the 2900XT crossfire by a very small margin
I think the result posted on gamespot by the crossfire HD 2900 XT was because it was not able to achieve what it could because of some issues with the motherboard.
Look at futuremark's hall of fame and you will know-
*www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/
8800 ultras come second in the 3dmark 06 hall of fame.Please do check the link.
Edit:
Sorry.It was just a week ago that the HD2900Xt beat the 8800 ultras now the 8800ultras are back on top.
Sorry.

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ya one more thing guys the 89xx series will be release google it
even the 8950gx2 is releasing
if ur lazy
*www.mvktech.net/content/view/3563/1/
*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=129309
*news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-Strikes-Back-With-New-GeForce-8900-Series-47233.shtml

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
entrana said:
ya one more thing guys the 89xx series will be release google it
even the 8950gx2 is releasing
if ur lazy
*www.mvktech.net/content/view/3563/1/
*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=129309
*news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-Strikes-Back-With-New-GeForce-8900-Series-47233.shtml
I m quiet sure nvidia is releasing the GX2 due to the memory bug present in the 8800 series.The links u have provided claim that there will 512 Mb of memory per GPU on the 8950GX2 which certainly explains it all.
And thanks for the link.I was busy googling for Bioshock.

Wait a sec lemme confirm.

Edit: Nope Wikipedia does not confirm according to wikipedia the high end GPU is the 8800 GTX
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series
Also why would nvidia go again for unorthodox memory capacity such as 640Mb and 768Mb when bugs alredy came out with the 8800 series.
Also clarify if the 162.50 quadro driver fixes this memory bug cause i think it doesn't.And why is nvidia so late in releasing these cards??

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude im just saying nvidia is gonna release it according to these site
note 89xx IS NOT RELEASED and about anything else i dunno i just wanna contradict that 89xx wont be out anyways lets see what wud happen
@x-300 hawk
depends on ur budget if u have a budget of at least 7k get xfx geforce 8600gt
if u have a good budget of at least 25k get geforce 8800gts 640mb dont go for 320mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom