"Direct X" ....

Ashokkumar01cbe

Broken In
Hey I went to a HP retailer shop, he said that 3rd generation i5 processor having "DIRECT X" support , and which is good for gaming,i don't know what is many by "DIRECT X" please explain me..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: "Direct X" ....

DirectX & Intel HD Graphics (7th gen).

3rd gen Intel grahics support DX11 (directX 11.0) but if you try playing a game that supports DX11 (with DX11 option turned on), the whole game will come to a halt. Intel HD graphics can't run games other than old ones at native resolution with mid-high settings or new ones at lowest settings.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: "Direct X" ....

"Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms." Source: Wiki

In simple words it's a set of files which is provided by microsoft itself for it's OS and these files are essential for games. As sam has already told you even though intel's onboard GPU supports the latest DirectX 11, you won't be able to utilise it with any of the games because the onboard GPU is just not powerful enough. Almost all the recent games will only run in lowest settings with few exceptions at medium.

Top Bottom