Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him007

Journeyman
Hi,

I am planning to purchase the digital camera either sony dscw100 OR casio EX-Z1000.

Anybody will suggest me which model should I go for?

For Sony

*www.sony.co.in/productdetails.do?prod_id=371

For Casio

*casioindiacompany.com/cic/administration/news-html/news216.html

Plz help

Himanshu

K

krazyfrog

Because 'somebody' thinks that Sony's digital cameras are better than those of Casio.

saikibryan

Journeyman
same posts r prevalent all over the forum...
for optics nothing comes close to nikon or canon...
the two options you mentioned...yeah go for sony ofcourse
regards

gmanog

Journeyman
^^ can you explain why? I think, this is a technology based forum, its better if you explain why you do not prefer sony and casio??
I have read in many reviews that sony is also one of the major camera manufacturers and also makes some very good models.

prasad_den

Padawan
I've seen my friends using sony and casio.. And I find very little difference between them in terms of image quality, when set at the same MPs..!! So, as far as I'm concerned, go for one which has more features for the same price. Nothing's wrong with casio... the exilim series are among some of the good point & shoot cameras..!

In your case, I think I would choose the exilim... And one -ve in case of sony is the memory card format.. You gotta go for the expensive proprietary memory stick duo.. whereas the exilim supports SD cards..!

Last edited:

gmanog

Journeyman
^^ Memory stick duo is also manufactured by many other good companies like scandisk, you can get them cheap. So that need not be treated as a reason for rejection the sony option.

If the starter of this tell the amount of money he is willing to spend for the camera and purpose, others can suggest a good camera on that basis.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
gmanog said:
^^ can you explain why? I think, this is a technology based forum, its better if you explain why you do not prefer sony and casio??
I have read in many reviews that sony is also one of the major camera manufacturers and also makes some very good models.
y dont u google it and find it out urself. i just posted my opinion. i never said sony and casio are bad.

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
prasad_den said:
I've seen my friends using sony and casio.. And I find very little difference between them in terms of image quality, when set at the same MPs..!! So, as far as I'm concerned, go for one which has more features for the same price. Nothing's wrong with casio... the exilim series are among some of the good point & shoot cameras..!

In your case, I think I would choose the exilim... And one -ve in case of sony is the memory card format.. You gotta go for the expensive proprietary memory stick duo.. whereas the exilim supports SD cards..!

Yes you are right!!!!!!! thanks,,,,, but one problem that it supports only AVI format for video recoding not mpeg :( .

Ya you can go for SONY DSC W100.......
It is really a nice Digital camera.
It has power of 8 MP CCD. For that much high CCD sony use 1/1.8" Image sensor which help it to reduce Noice at high ISO Level. It also has high sensitivity upto ISO 1250 (target) & Sony's Clear Raw Noice reduction technology enbles W100 to take nice & smooth picture at high ISO in Low light condition.

For budget of 20K W100 is surely better deal than Nikon or canon.

It is true that in past Nikon & canon is better than Sony in camera line-up.
But this is not true for these days....

Sony had re-engineered the W series. Sony chalanges Nikon and canon in mid-range camera segment by launching T & N series of cameras.

csczero

Journeyman
I always supported Canon for its rich photos ..........but u know CCD in my 3 years old canon camera is dead :-( .....now i wont buy canon next time ........anyother should i go for ........I have used my friend's Panasonic its pathetic...

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
I have just chk the sony website they have introduced more new models, like w80, w90 etc.... having the duble anti blur, face detection etc......
Should I go for this model or still casio one (bcz it seems all the same features are also there)....

W80 & W90 are powered by Sony Bionz™ high-speed processing engine, which help you for continous shooting & shooting in low light condition. Sony Bionz™ high-speed processing engine is used in Alpha D-SLR professional Camera. W80/90 came with anti-blur solution which help you aginst hand-shaking & they having high sensitivity upto ISO3200. It use 1/2.5" Image sensor.

While W100 is powered by real image processor. It has 8MP CCD. The most significant difference is the size of Image sensor. W100 uses 1/1.8" Image sensor. And W100 support the ISO 80 as lowest sensitivity. While For W80/90 it is ISO 100.
Though the W80 & W90 can shoot at ISO 3200. It becomes useless as too much noice level at such high ISO. Thaugh the result is nice upto ISO 800.

You should know about all terms like ISO Sensitivity, Image sensor size, CCD & understand the functions of it to compare cameras.

But I can tell you that any of W100/90/80 is better than casio EX-Z100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom