Digit Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitizen

Journeyman
hey everyone

Forget about suse,mandriva,knoppix etc . why cant these people from digit devlop their own linux distro . I dont think its difficult for them . so why cant they devlop their own flavour for their readers and give it in their forthcoming magazine .i really want a linux distro in digit style.

praka123

left this forum longback
hmm.....maybe we...forum members may start one distro rather waiting for DIGIT to start one :wink:

PS:even main Linux mag didnot have a distro........

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i dont think digit people have enough time and effort for developing their own distro. And there are several excellent distros available. I'd suggest to put their effort onto localization rather than developing a new distro. Developing a new distro is not a simple task. It need mammoth effort. and if you are pointing out something like PCQLinux, it is not a new distro, it is a customised and tuned up version of RH/Fedora

@prakash: LFY had their own distro named LiFY (Linux from India For You) earlier. But now they had stopped development and support on it.

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think that the max we can do is to just change the name from the distro to ours....
as the parent distro is already pretty groomed..............

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I think we can. Haven't anybody here heard abt about Linux From Scratch. If not search for it and go and download it (Its very small).

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Good idea people. Lets develop a distro from Beyond Linux From Scratch. We people can work on it if digit decides to incorporate it. Though, i agree with desertwind that maintainance will be hard and not so knowledgeable users like me won't be able to get much of an active part. I'm game for the idea. I feel it would be a good experience for us learners to learn from the gurus here if they can devote some time to this.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
@sujithtom:Linux From Scratch--had u tried installing.....LFS
I have installed LFS,BLFS, and ALFS.

The prob is tht i haven't read any of them and i don't have all the latest pakages for it.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well that's a very important question and our first consideration. Can some mods give some ideas on this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom