Digit.in Feeds and Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
I am a RSS Junkie and hence had subscribed to thinkdigit.com's RSS Feeds channel(feeds.feedburner.com/thinkdigit/zpzl) but since the url change and re-desgning into digit.in I can't find the link to feeds anywhere. Can someone please tell me the new url for rss or has digit team pull the plug on rss?

Also, I was using Tapatalk for quite a long time but now it constantly gives me an error when opening digit forums. All other forums work fine. Is somebody else facing this problem or is it just me?

Note to MODs: I couldn't decide where to start this thread so I put it in software section. If you think this would be more appropriate in a different sub-forum then please move this thread in the relevant section.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tapatalk should work. Delete the old entry and search the forum again.

RSS, I dunno.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I use a small Feedreader app (link: Download Feedreader | Feedreader.com) which gives me RSS feeds to the latest threads of the forum. Best part is it doesn't seem to have any effect of the changed URL. I had set it up before it was thinkdigit. And I still get feeds. :D

But if you don't want to change your Feedreader (which app do you use anyway?), try this Feed URL which I extracted from my feeder app: *www.digit.in/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

PS: What ico failed to mention apart from deleting the old entry is that you need to search "the digit forum" not "thinkdigit forum", and you shall find it.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
This is the error I keep getting whenever I try to search it and add it again! :(

IMG_3403.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

I use a small Feedreader app (link: Download Feedreader | Feedreader.com) which gives me RSS feeds to the latest threads of the forum. Best part is it doesn't seem to have any effect of the changed URL. I had set it up before it was thinkdigit. And I still get feeds. :D

But if you don't want to change your Feedreader (which app do you use anyway?), try this Feed URL which I extracted from my feeder app: *www.digit.in/forum/external.php?type=RSS2

PS: What ico failed to mention apart from deleting the old entry is that you need to search "the digit forum" not "thinkdigit forum", and you shall find it.

I use FeeddlerRSS. The thing is, I wasn't talking about the RSS Feeds for the forum. (I should've mentioned this). I was talking about the RSS Feeds for the website content. Like new articles and reviews posted by the Digit Team on the digit.in website.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is the error I keep getting whenever I try to search it and add it again! :(

View attachment 14565

Can't view attachment. Just search for "The digit forum" without quotes and you shall be able to connect to it, despite of the error message.

I use FeeddlerRSS. The thing is, I wasn't talking about the RSS Feeds for the forum. (I should've mentioned this). I was talking about the RSS Feeds for the website content. Like new articles and reviews posted by the Digit Team on the digit.in website.

Not able to find the feeds to digit.in. Feeds from digit.in/forum works fine thought with the link provided before.
Only [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] can provide a feed URL or create one if it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Ok, finally able to find the Feed URL to digit.in. Its *feeds.feedburner.com/digit/latest-from-digit
I got it from the "dedicated" feed page: *www.digit.in/rss-feed/ :D

Enjoy.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Can't view attachment. Just search for "The digit forum" without quotes and you shall be able to connect to it, despite of the error message.

Not able to find the feeds to digit.in. Feeds from digit.in/forum works fine thought with the link provided before.
Only [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] can provide a feed URL or create one if it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Ok, finally able to find the Feed URL to digit.in. Its Latest News, Reviews from Digit.in
I got it from the "dedicated" feed page: Digit: Technology Advice, Product Reviews, Latest News, Free Downloads :D

Enjoy.

Thanks for the RSS Page! :doublethumb:

But no matter how many times I add or try to join the digit.in Forum, I always get the same error! :hissyfit:

*i.imgur.com/1TQwPaV.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But no matter how many times I add or try to join the digit.in Forum, I always get the same error! :hissyfit:

*i.imgur.com/1TQwPaV.png

At this point I have some questions.
Are you using Tapatalk on Android? Cause last time I saw, it had issues on iOS.
Also, are you searching "The digit forum" or "digit.in"? Since you need to search the not former but later (as I realized later).

Update:
Anyway, as I tried to connect now through Tapatalk, I am just not able to. Guessing it is a genuine problem this time.
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] : Any fix for tapatalk in foreseeable future?

Last edited:

abracadabra

Journeyman
^^ that is an iOS screenshot! Same problems creep up from time to time, What I usually do is it delete the particular DIGIT Forum, clear my cache, exit the app ans kill it and restart again Tapatalk and add the DIGIT.in forum again and it works fine! But this has to be done again some days later! I just cant figure out what is the problem though!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Couldn't view the image earlier, since I was browsing in office, where imgur is blocked. Anyway, so as I said earlier, Tapatalk have genuine issue with iPhones for digit forum.
On Android too now, I can only browse forum through Tapatalk since today evening. It was not working in morning.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
At this point I have some questions.
Are you using Tapatalk on Android? Cause last time I saw, it had issues on iOS.
Also, are you searching "The digit forum" or "digit.in"? Since you need to search the not former but later (as I realized later).

Update:
Anyway, as I tried to connect now through Tapatalk, I am just not able to. Guessing it is a genuine problem this time.
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] : Any fix for tapatalk in foreseeable future?

As "abracadabra" said it's an iOS screenshot. I always search for the phrase "digit.in". I have been facing this issue since a week now. I think this is something only the forum admins can fix(the error window says that). [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] Your help or any reply would be much appreciated.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
I just tried clearing cache and then adding again. Seems to be working fine for the time being on iOS.

*i.imgur.com/gbQ5qtU.jpg

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I am getting the exact same "System Message" as OP on my iPhone 4 running iOS 7. I thought it was happening because ThinkDigit changed to Digit & when I deleted & added "Digit" it worked fine for a couple of days exactly as guys mentioned above.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Mine is still working fine. Lets see how long does it keep up. [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] said he has updated tapatalk files. Lets see if it works for more than a couple of days

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Finally I get it! I was searching for ThinkDigit under Tapatalk search tab and was getting the old Black Digit logo with white writings but I needed to search for 'Digit.in', then that Red logo with white background appeared (AirTel type) and I could log in successfully.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Finally I get it! I was searching for ThinkDigit under Tapatalk search tab and was getting the old Black Digit logo with white writings but I needed to search for 'Digit.in', then that Red logo with white background appeared (AirTel type) and I could log in successfully.

Yeah, this problem has been faced by many users. Anyways, enjoy! :D

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Well, this WAS the error I faced repeatedly too but since [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] has fixed the files, my tapatalk is working fine. Try deleting the forum, clearing the cache from tapatalk itself and then search for "Digit.in" and add the digit forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom