DIGIT CTC 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandu1990

Broken In
w00t cracked the cipher text on page 34, but i still dunno the last feature article of the magazine and where to go next
help me out on how to solve the text in page 34. actually i dint understand what has to be done..

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

i think the word is armour. wat u gt??? there r only a few possibilities to x i tried them ol none works . i think the url closed on 7th
i too got the same word.. but wen i tried to put it in the 10th across on the crossword it didnt match with 6th down.. it has to start with G. so i cracked the puzzle on page 46 and page 128 and got the word GOOGLE..
the url opened on 7t. i dont think it wil close in just one day...

Tron91

In the zone
me too think the word is armour, tried all combinations with it, no url shows up?

the cipher is a monoalphabetic substitution cipher.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

6 down is pingala, so has to start with A and the 3rd is M from 11 down Mosaic, which leaves us with Armour

pandu1990

Broken In
i really dont have any idea about monoalphabetic substitution cipher.can u help me out with the first five words? please.....

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

i have problems with assembling the crossword as well..

pandu1990

Broken In
no rohan. x is not 13.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

tron is right... y is armour then..... only need to find out x..
dont know what is the regular feature in digit magazine.................

K

katzdudexxx

do you have what it takes to guess the contents of this box using just the frequency of letters in the text? or will you have to look out for kernie the frog spy encoder and use the top secret code number to decrypt the password - "tackal" - using the numbers.

wht does it mean..

rohan.kwatra

Journeyman
x is (no. of trivia pages - something).so it has possibilities from 1 to 30 . tried them ol with armour none works.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

the last feature in digit is digit 101 and thats the only title with a number in it. can ne1 think of ne oder possibility

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
do you have what it takes to guess the contents of this box using just the frequency of letters in the text? or will you have to look out for kernie the frog spy encoder and use the top secret code number to decrypt the password - "tackal" - using the numbers.

wht does it mean..

from where this u read this?

K

katzdudexxx

x is (no. of trivia pages - something).so it has possibilities from 1 to 30 . tried them ol with armour none works.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

the last feature in digit is digit 101 and thats the only title with a number in it. can ne1 think of ne oder possibility

well i am thinking the same.....x=14(30-16)...and y=armour.....but wht is the google for....in the next page....it must hav sum relation with it...

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

from where this u read this?

its the text on page 34....DECRYPTED VERSION...!!

rohan.kwatra

Journeyman
i think pg 34 might and 128 might be a part of leg2 of ctc2. none of the clues point towards them ryt now....

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

i noe 101 leads to pg 125 but that has ntn related to ctc

rohan.kwatra

Journeyman
even if we leave ol clues x can be(no of pgs in trivia=30or 29)-(pg no. with a clue that can be only 16 or 18). and y as evry1 agrees is armour.

pandu1990

Broken In
ya maybe the url closed... i got the book yesterday itself.. so couldnt solve... maybe better luck next time...

rohan.kwatra

Journeyman
ya .... me 2 gt the mag yesterday at 8 pm only 4 hrs to solve....
the crossword is k
7 should be pandora
3 only possible answer i found was cortex-A but that doesnt suit here
letz hope dere r more ctc's lyk this every month and we get the mag on tym..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom