Digit CD can't run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

okey guys I installed autopatcher today and now whenever I pop-in the november 2005 / december 2005 / january 2006 / February 2006 CD. Nothing happens but HDD LED glows continuously.
Neither the discs are bad, nor the DVD-ROM, cuz discs used to work till tomorrow and DVD-ROM can read other discs e.g august/september 2006.
A strange thing is that DVDs do work fine.
Any help.

I checked with Isobuster and it showed "No media present" hell... whats happening!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

SE><IE

System restore is a big pile of stinky sh*t. It didn't uninstall anything much but it did delete everything I downloaded in the last 12 days. Aaahhhhh..... my 500MB data is gone and I don't even remmeber the links.

Is there any way by which I can get my data back (afterall only the links have broken, the data still resides on my HDD)

:(

OP
S

SE><IE

You didn't get it. I have already lost my data. I gave a try to system restore hoping it will solve the "CD problem" but It deleted my 500MB data, winamp and virus definition files (downloaded) leaving the royale theme (installed by autopatcher) etc untouched.
Anyways I was err am looking out for some data recovery software which can retrive that data from my hard-disk. Perhaps a trial-version which can actually recover, not just show what most 'em do.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
restoration works ok. Just be sure to run it from a drive which is NOT the one you want to restore data from

OP
S

SE><IE

Well... I've already done enough bad. I had restored but when I found I was missing what I shouldn't and was not missing what I should (autopatcher); I undid the changes due to system restore. Theoritically, I would have been back to the condition where I actually was. But It wasn't that way, my 500MB data was still missing.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Sorry, I meant this :)
*www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=106926&a=7119871&tag=234966&loc=2

OP
S

SE><IE

Thanks all but I am unable to restore my PC to that condtion again. moreover Some of the programs are now only "partially installed". Gotta reinstall the OS.

Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom