Differnce between homeland security in USA and India

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
India:

Security: Sir, Please show your bag, and keep any metal items on the table
Mr.VIP: Do you know who I am? I know MLA xyz and MP abc is my close friend
Seucrity: Sorry sir. there has been a misunderstanding. Please carry on and have a good day

USA:

Security:Sir, Please show your bag, and keep any metal items on the table
Mr.VIP: Do you know who I am? I know the senator xyz and governor abc is my close friend
Security to others: guys, take this person into the interrogation room, strip him down and check everything. Don't let him use his phone and make sure he is not a threat to Senator xyz and Governor abc.

We never learn from our mistakes. This is why repeated attacks happen in India and look at USA after 9/11. Also look at London, after those terrorist attacks, the internal security has become near-to impregnable.

fieldgunner

Broken In
Its a pity...in India, our status in society and our ranking in hierarchy is determined by the number and importance of the rules/laws that we can break.

Shah Rukh Bhai and all our MLAs and MPs expects to be rushed through airport security because they are oh so important.

A true leader would be one who sets an example by waiting his turn and following the rules...so that no one else has an excuse to try and subvert the system.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I am damn sure that SRK said something that would've irritated the officer in airport and hence the interrogation!!!

amol48

Searching...
^^ I am damn sure that SRK said something that would've irritated the officer in airport and hence the interrogation!!!

Honestly I don't feel this SRK's incident was 'genuine'. We created a lot of hype and issue of Abdul Kalam's and that might have irritated the U.S. SRK's was nothing but a reply to ours saying that they won't listen to us in future as well no matter who it is!

I don't think there is ANY possibility that they didn't know SRK!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
True. also, this happened many times earlier to many other bollywood personalities. Why create so much hype this time.

Is it just because it is SRK. He is after all an actor. He contributes nothing to this country. He is not a leader. Just a head strong actor who thinks that he is the king and should be treated like that everywhere!!!

And thanks to the idiotic Indian media who just want to create FUD out of every single thing that happens in this universe.

Rahim

Married!
APJ Kalam should not been frisked as former head of the states are exempted from such checking.

nix

^why should he be exempt? There are no superior beings. See, we just cant seem to get rid of VIP culture.

@desibond: agree 100%. SRK should stop referring to himself as "king".

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Although I'm no SRK fan but AFAIK he never said he was The 'King'! It's the media!!
@Desibond: On what basis are you saying he has not contributed anything to India!! He has entertained millions and millions of his fans!!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
so does rakhi sawant and others in bollywood. That's not serving India. What did he teach?

In public he always seems to be like an idiot, smoking in public even when it's banned, being rude everywhere. He is not fit to be an idol.

On the other hand, there are many other bollywood or other movie celebrities who does atleast something good for people.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
so does rakhi sawant and others in bollywood. That's not serving India. What did he teach?

In public he always seems to be like an idiot, smoking in public even when it's banned, being rude everywhere. He is not fit to be an idol.

On the other hand, there are many other bollywood or other movie celebrities who does atleast something good for people.

+1........

adi007

Youngling
The thing that i like about US is that they dont give a damn about the status .. All are equal among them
I am sure even if former US president(s) tries to overcome some security check they will not be successful
SRK is an Actor
He is not working for this country or the betterment of people
He is NO VIP to me.

I am his fan not that he is my idol or role model or some god or king ..
Just a fan thats it ... nothing more .. he is doing his job and getting paid .. thats it

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^am not bashing SRK. it's just his behaviour this time that I am bashing. he and those who are supporting him need to understand that there are few things to lose to make sure that your home is safe.

If a person is detained, okay, let him answer the questions politely and move on.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
As I read from the newspapers and heard from media and HIM, he told that he's a frequest flier of USA. His passports, VISA are scanned everytime, his fingerprints were taken.

The reason he was informed (we came to know about it only from him, no American officials came out to say why he was taken to second screening) for a second interrogation only because his name flashed in RED in PC.

Now, he questions the effectiveness on the s/w whether its picking names randomly or only people with certain format of names?

So, u've something to say on this?
(remember the issue is not interrogation, but second interrogation)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Does a frequent flyer means that the person is safe to be allowed in without any suspicion.

There are no offers like "you fly 10 times into USA and we will never ever check your password on subsequent entries".

Even if you fly a 100 times, if your name is picked randomly or purposefully, you HAVE TO obey the rules and answer the questions.

We only know his side of the story. And I am pretty sure that being how he behaves in public, he should've said something that made the security personnel to do a second screening.

thousands of non-americans fly in and out and these things happen.

Why is the need for him to report this to Indian media which blows everything out of proportion and why should media and other people act as if a nuclear bomb is dropped on their house by USA???

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
And I am pretty sure that being how he behaves in public, he should've said something that made the security personnel to do a second screening.
Why and how?
Are not u sounding a bit (or a lot) arrogant. U don't know the facts, heard one side of the story and couldn't hear the other side. Though u r hell bent to prove that its SRK who should be blamed.
What is the actual reason for ur such behavior? I guess ur hatred to him for some N no. of reasons drove u to make such opinion.

Why is the need for him to report this to Indian media which blows everything out of proportion and why should media and other people act as if a nuclear bomb is dropped on their house by USA???
So, u've concrete proof that it was SRK who went to media first, not any other.
What if, it was the congress minister who helped him get out of the interrogation, went to "Indian Media".

And, did u followed the whole story? 2 days back he told in CNN-IBN that the thing is made into a big issue. He doesn't have any problem with obeying such rules and media should stop blowing the bubble now. (ok, the bubble part is mine, I forgot the exact words :grin: )

B/w, u think he only travels to USA where airport security is such stiff? What about other countries?
Germany where he flown first time. Was there any such problem? Di u hear any such thing?

Rahim

Married!
desibond, you yourself are raking up this issue. Nobody cares about this issue here :p

BTW do you think Sachin is an aam aadmi?

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Oh yes. Am pretty sure of his behaviour and he has been under scanner lot of time for the same
2) You can't compare USA with Germany. USA is the no.1 on terror hitlist and germany wouldn't even be in top.50. So is the security and interrogation levels in USA
3) Everyone knows that whatever he says will be blown out of proportion in the media. Even he knows that if he says that he was detained for 2hrs, Indian media will blow it out of proportion and that I don't believe if he says that he didn't want to make it into big issue. In that case, he just would've said that security checks have delayed his visit to function or just kept quiet.
4) and also, CNN IBN is one of the worst media channels and they create drama in every single news store so I don't care what SRK said to CNN IBN and what they show up.
5) as per the reports, SRK was the one who revealed the detail in

also, here is the comment by Shukla

"It is really not fair. Just because he has a common surname does not mean that every Muslim can be taken as a suspect or considered to be a terrorist. The Amercian authorities should adopt a methodology so that well-known names like Shahrukh Khan and APJ Abdul Kalam are not harassed like this. They should focus on getting the actual suspects.’’

Harassed won't be the word here. This is called over-reacting. Read all the comments made by those so-called-celebrities and you will understand who is being arrogant.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
desibond, you yourself are raking up this issue. Nobody cares about this issue here :p

BTW do you think Sachin is an aam aadmi?

yes. some celebrity being question for 2 hrs is not an issue. Making it an issue is an issue :)

Thought of venting out my opinion in support of the security guys in the airport and nothing else. I don't have any grudge. it's just that these politicians and celebrities are emarrassing themselves and the country by making it a big deal.

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
^You are criticising the media and thinks everyone is equal, right?

Then why was there a furore when Sachin was questioned and punished for ball tampering? You will say he is a gentleman, so wasn't Kalam? I don't give a damn about some doggie named SRK, but US do racially profile a community and if you dont know it, then you are living in a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom