Difference between NVIDIA and ATI

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey guys....how does NVIDIA cards differ from ATI cards?? I mean in what basis??

For Eg. I saw NVIDIA 9500GT and ATI Radeon HD4650

The price is almost same.....and they are same type of product from both the companies.

But I got stunned to saw tat 4650 has 320 Stream Processors while 9500GT has only 32

GPU clock speed is also greater in ATI

Shader clock is sumthing I didn't fing in ATI card.

Memory Interface bus and Memory speed is same in both.

But my ques is if the same range of NVIDIA card hav 32 while ATI hav 320 Stream Processors then this makes a big diff bt both the cards making the ATI one far better than NVIDIA.

Or is this some architechtural diff???

I mean plz solve my query......

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
forget about all the specs. In the end, its fps that matters and HD4650 is well ahead of 9500GT in that.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm okay. it's better if you do it this way.

tech sites like tomshardware and anandtech explain the h/w architecture in detail. every GPU is based on a specific architecture like RV7xx and RV8xx for ATI. you can find it out by bit of googling. once you find it, look for it's architecture detail in tech sites and you will find your answer.

eg: *www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651

Last edited:

otpsurvive

Broken In
ATI has always been the pioneer. They came out with the first DX10.1 cards and now the first DX11 cards and the evergreen series of cards is the most powerful chip ever made. They also pioneered using GDDR5 and also the 40nm fab process reducing the heat dissipation and making the cards consume very low power while still performing excellently. So, ATI has always been better.

Top Bottom