Diff Between Vista Ultimate and Vista Ultimate Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
"Vista Ultimate" is official OS released by Microsoft and "Vista Ultimate Lite" is a modified version of Vista Ultimate, in which lots of components are removed and a few registry hacks included.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
*www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

how come microsoft ppl dont know about this version?? while the whole google community is discussing it!! weird!

i think is available only in spain.

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
QwertyManiac said:
@club_pranay - Heh. No, its a user modified version of Vista, quite popular in the warez scenes. :)

how come any user can modify such a high secure os like vista. This is not open source mannnnnnnn

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@jugnu_009
Modified version of Vista doesnt mean we modified the source code. Actually you can remove components from the setup, add some registry tweaks, integrate updates, etc. using vLite. So thats what we were talking about. ;)

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
@sukhdeepsinghkohli & vishal gupta

thank you very much for info abt v lite

can i modify vista ultimate so that it can run with full eye on system with 512 MB RAM and Onboard graphics

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
OEM editions don't have as much as drivers and hardware-specific stuff stuffed in them as Retail ones are. And the license is limited to use only on the computer you purchased with which it came, no other, not even as one-at-a-time.

And there are hell lot of other differences, there was a thread recently, try searching it :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
club_pranay said:
so u ppl mean we can install Vlite on a slow machine too?? i mean on an intel845 chipset?

with vlite u can slim down vista and remove the unneeded services/features. tho u won't get the eye candy but u can still tweak it to perform better on older hardware. this can be done after installation too but then using vlite u can create an installation medium wid automatically applied tweaks/mods.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
QwertyManiac said:
OEM editions don't have as much as drivers and hardware-specific stuff stuffed in them as Retail ones are. And the license is limited to use only on the computer you purchased with which it came, no other, not even as one-at-a-time.

And there are hell lot of other differences, there was a thread recently, try searching it :)

i'm sorry , i tried searching but cudnt find it . plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom