Did you Know Windows resticts your Bandwidth????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Hey you out there, ya had any idea that windows restricts a minimum of 20% of your Bandiwidth???

Herz how to free it up :=>>

Goto Run, type gpedit.msc
In Local Computer Policy, click Computer configuration and navigate to Administrative Templates -> Network -> QoS Packet Scheduler

On the right side, double click Limit reservable Bandwidth, Click ENABLED and set it to 0%. Remember if it is Disabled then Windows Reserves the default value of 20% !!!

Oye Bill Gates we're on to you!. Who knows what Microsoft does with 20% of our Internet ???? :eek: ;)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Not only is it a very old trick, its also a useless trick.
Don't know where I read it but the 20% restriction is not applicable for most internet connections.
Has anyone experienced better speeds after trying this out?
Blaming everything on Microsoft and Bill Gates is really pathetic.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
Yes i read from some where that it is a windows myth ( i forget the address of wesite). Windows will give its 20% bandwidth if application requests for it. So if applications are not trying to full bandwidth nothing windows and Bill Gates can do.........

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
the 20% is set so that it is always given as first priority when needed. No developer will be foolish to block programs from using it. Common sense eh? Still, for eg. if you are browsing the web you don't want some obscure background thread slowing down your browsing once or twice a day do you. (I don't know, but I think windows update would use that quota)

About Bill Gates, I was just kidding. He is a great guy. Looks cute in his glasses, he does.

OP
gaurav21r

gaurav21r

Journeyman
drvarunmehta said:
Don't know where I read it but the 20% restriction is not applicable for most internet connections.

well dr. im sorry if its an old trick... i just found out and thought id share it.. sorry for wastin your precious time

As for Bill Gates... I have tremendous respect for him and his company and he's prob the role model for most young IT engineers in the world,
Incase you didnt know weneva some1 finds sumthing even remotely wrong in Windows it is quite customary to blame Gates and Microsoft (just as a joke)
no hard feelins...

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
i guess varun really drew blood. I never knew I loved bill gates so much. Now do you gaurav.

Regarding role models, gaurav, do i detect a hint of sarcasm?

\/endett/\

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
I agree. Setting to disabled is very same as setting to enabled with 0% allocation.

@gaurav21r -: If u find that trick as new, visit www.speedguide.net and go through their tweaking section, maybe u'll find something better

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmmm tried it but dint really work :( may b he wants us to make threads like this and discuss more n more about windows so that everyone researches more n more :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It wont work since no bandwidth is reserved in any way. As some one here already said its a myth, MS just confirms it.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
yes it is a myth. people just think so becauswhen u enable it the default value in the counr is 20%... anyways why the hell would microsoft or anyne one want to slow their product...

go4saket

Comeon guys...how could you be so harsh on a person who have posted some thing which he thought may be of some help to others. Fien, it may be old to you but can be new for some one else. So stop spamming and post something constructive...i.e. if you can...

\/endett/\

Broken In
Not the blame the person....this sh!t is actually present in all (yes all) the sites that offer network and connection tweaks. (mostly the first tweak they'll offer)
Good effort bro, sadly it doesnt work :(

OP
gaurav21r

gaurav21r

Journeyman
yesss... dont blame the person!!!! srry guys, a lil new here, but weren't u jst a lil' surprised when u found out bout this the very first time ;) ???

digiFriend

In the zone
gaurav21r said:
yesss... dont blame the person!!!! srry guys, a lil new here, but weren't u jst a lil' surprised when u found out bout this the very first time ;) ???

why should you say sorry. after all atleast you have share some knowledge.
feel free to share knowledge.

Last edited:

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
gaurav21r said:

nah man.. its gud of u to think about sharing and sharing it.... well do keep us updated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom