Did you contribute to linux kernel?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Anyone TDF involved in contributing code to Linux kernel or involved in kernel hacking?

I am trying to contribute as newbie to learn about device drivers. :razz:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's very good of you.
I think [MENTION=26920]Liverpool_fan[/MENTION] contributed to such projects. Calling him to discuss.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, thanks for opening the thread. Once I thought of opening a thread regarding contibution to open source projects but then thought may be everyone will think I'm a idiot. Good that I found someone who thinks like me.

Now, though this is offtopic, but I really want to contribute to Open Source projects. (Note that I said I want, means I'm really enthusiast about this). But the problem is my knowledge.

Most Open Source projects like (Linux Kernel, Firefox etc.) are mostly written in C / C++ / PHP. Yeah I know these languages, but don't like them much also I have just basic knowledge. Not that extensive to work in a project, as I'm a .NET developer and I'm into MS technologies.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Found this interesting. A different way to learn kernel programming by a coding challenges.

The Eudyptula Challenge

Am trying first one :razz:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Even I want to contribute to linux kernel some day. But I have very little working knowledge of it. Found this book though - Linux Kernel in a Nutshell by Greg Kroah-Hartman

Last edited:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Thanks for posting the books you guys have referred. Will keep these books in the reading list when I start learninig about the linux kernel.

ankush28

Bazinga
*www.edx.org/course/linuxfoundationx/linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-introduction-1621#.U9vLkPmSxhY

For those who want to start learning linux

Top Bottom