Did anyone tried PCQuest Linux 2005??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
now i ve installed nvidia driver also. and 3d desktop switching tool is fun. i ve shown it to some of my frineds and they also want to install PCQ linux 2005 on their system. In my experience it is faster than FC3. and pls dont blame PCQuest. they 've done their best to tweak FC3.
tuxfan.. v r waiting for ur review.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Sound drivers were working in PCQL 2004, they are not working in PCQL 2005 :x :( Thats the first thing that I will have to sort out.

BONZI

Journeyman
pradeep_chauhan said:
Guys we must give credit where its due. PCQ is the first magazine/source of information about linux. It gave us linux when only a handfull people knew about its existance. Today too its the largest way that people get there linux cd to try out the new flavors. In this respect hats off to these great guys.

yeps my linux life started with PCQ Linux 7.1 :). I think to a greater extent PCQ was responsible for the Linux revolution (or is there ;) ) in India. There were the first one (as far as I know) to give a free lunch of Linux.

- Snake -

Broken In
This one's for me man! As I am a die hard fan of PCQ, I have installed PCQ and currently facing no problems of any kind...

Some guys were saying that PCQ has nothing to offer more than FC3 but I think thats OK......

moreover I think they are providing some modules more wich are not present in FC3

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
tuxfan, is your soundcard detected atleast?
I think it is detected. It tries to play the sample sound but I don't hear anything :( Didn't have time to see what's wrong. Hope to do it today. Any help will be highly appreciated :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Realy a very dumb thing to ask have you unmuted your sound controlls and increase the volume in alsamixer. yuo know one tends to over look this small thing.

tuxfan

Technomancer
pradeep_chauhan said:
Realy a very dumb thing to ask have you unmuted your sound controlls and increase the volume in alsamixer. yuo know one tends to over look this small thing.

:x I guess, there is only one person who is intelligent here. And thats Mr. Pradeep Chauhan :x The rest all are fools. Right Mr. Chauhan?

No question is too dumb, only thing is that they are easiest to answer for someone who already has the answer. No one is born with all the required knowledge, including YOU and me! We acquire it as time passes.

Anyway, I will also see the volume in alsamixer as very curtly suggested by the fellow brainiac. But, this is the error that I got while trying to run sndconfig
You don't seem to be running a kernel with modular sound enabled. (soundcore.o was not found in the module search path). To use sndconfig, you must be running a kernel with modular sound, such as the kernel shipped with Red Hat Linux or a 2.2 or greater kernel

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Come on I meant its a dumb thing on my part to ask such a simple (as obviously you would have done this) Question Please At no point was i meaning something else and I am realy sorry if i have offened you.

Ashootosh

Broken In
I think one credit that must be given to PCQLinux 2k5 is that it recognizes hardware immediatly, unlike some of other Linux that I tried. I think all in all a very gud effort by PCQ team,must give them credit.

tuxfan

Technomancer
:roll: I don't know what I did, but it has started working. I checked alsamixer, it wasn't muted. I tried sndconfig, it gave me an error. I don't know what was wrong and what I did :oops: I sound so stupid, but it has started working while I was fiddling around with some settings in control centre :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom