Diablo IV

Killing Machine
The only grudge I have with Blizzard this time is the exclusivity to Gear Store. Since the last CE (WoW Dragonflight), they've cut down the middlemen (Walmart, BestBuy, GameStop, Amazon etc.) for CEs. Good for Blizzard - more moolah, but extreme disadvantage for the customers as the shipping costs are exorbitant right now. One has to pay upwards of $100 additional to ship out of the Gear store regions ($200+ to India) and on top of it you'll have customs duty making the cost of CEs 2.5X more the actual CE cost.

Killing Machine
Diablo IV Beta dates announced at IGN FanFest!

Early access beta for pre-orders: March 17-19
Open for all: March 24-26

Last edited by a moderator:

Killing Machine
Beta Dates and Times:
  • Early access beta: 17-March 9AM PT to 20-March 12PM PT , 3 playable classes - Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer
  • Open beta: 24 March 9AM PT to 27-March 12PM PT, all classes playable - Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer, Necromancer and Druid
Beta Rewards:
  • Initial Casualty title for reaching Kyovashad with one character
  • Early Voyager title for reaching level 20 on one character
  • Beta wolf pack cosmetic item for reaching level 20 on one character

System Requirements:

Minimum (1080p, 720p render resolution, low graphics settings, 30 fps)

• CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K or AMD FX 8100
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD RAdeon R9 280
  • Storage: 45 GB available space
Recommended (1080p, medium graphics settings, 60 fps)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K or AMD R3 1300X
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 370
  • Storage: 45 GB available space

Killing Machine
Pulled the trigger on D4 Ultimate. I'll be playing both the early access and open beta.
Add me on Battle.net whoever plans to play or to just connect - DeViL#6644

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Nice, how much did it cost?

I am not sure I will buy day 1, but I will see if I can join the open beta.

Killing Machine
Nice, how much did it cost?

I am not sure I will buy day 1, but I will see if I can join the open beta.
99.99 USD.. got charged approx. 8.3k including forex fees. I posted in the Post your latest purchase thread but unable to post internal links here.
The standard edition is $70 though.

Last edited:

Killing Machine
Beta download has been enabled for early access. Sadly no space left :lol:
Decluttering...

Screenshot 2023-03-15 195949.jpg

Killing Machine
Ok I'm finally done with the early access beta. All beta rewards completed.
Played for about 18 hours in total over the weekend. :)

Beta connectivity/login issues:
After the beta went live, their game login/queue mechanism was messed up where folks were put on queues for more than an hour. Adding to that was the frequent disconnections and getting punished further by lining up at the dreaded queue again. At some point I had 108 minutes of waiting to just get into the game's main menu where you select/create characters. Further, you have another queue to get into a game "session" which was comparatively better. Things were back to normal with < 1 minute queue timings (or instant) from the end of day 1. I hope Blizzard has learnt the lesson and will plan accordingly for the public beta next week as there will be tons of players trying to login.

Positives:
  1. The first thing that comes to my mind is the grim and eerie environment. Loved this!
  2. The map is huge. The beta gives limited access to quests in the first area (Fractured Peaks) but there is still much to explore and there are plenty of world events and side quests to spend time on. You will not be bored.
  3. BGM and sound effects were amazing! The death animations + sound effects are done well.
  4. Combat is great and killing quest bosses/world boss (Ashava) were not a cake walk. Died few times and had to strategically plan. Blizzard would announce world boss spawn timings for the weekend session.
  5. Drops are well balanced. I got about 4 legendaries in 18 hours, items for other classes were less than 10% dropped, which is good. Was able to steadily build the character.
  6. Skill tree is exhaustive, distribution is good and manageable.
  7. I did not party much but interaction with random players, trading, emoting were nice.
  8. Tons of item transmogrifications and character customizations (appearances)
Negatives:
  1. Bugs are expected as it is beta, so there were frequent disconnections, getting kicked out when trying to return to town (loading screen and gets out), some areas were buggy and not accessible.
  2. This is more of a hassle than negative. Mounts were unavailable for the beta. Although you'll have access to the stable and its master, cannot buy a mount. So had to walk a lot from place to place, even with waypoints.
  3. Story (from whatever revealed so far) has some twists in place but I was able to guess many things.
There is still so much more, so I'm looking forward to the full release!

Here are some screenshots. Meet Scarlet the Sorceress.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Last edited:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok I'm finally done with the early access beta. All beta rewards completed.
Played for about 18 hours in total over the weekend. :)

Beta connectivity/login issues:
After the beta went live, their game login/queue mechanism was messed up where folks were put on queues for more than an hour. Adding to that was the frequent disconnections and getting punished further by lining up at the dreaded queue again. At some point I had 108 minutes of waiting to just get into the game's main menu where you select/create characters. Further, you have another queue to get into a game "session" which was comparatively better. Things were back to normal with < 1 minute queue timings (or instant) from the end of day 1. I hope Blizzard has learnt the lesson and will plan accordingly for the public beta next week as there will be tons of players trying to login.

Positives:
  1. The first thing that comes to my mind is the grim and eerie environment. Loved this!
  2. The map is huge. The beta gives limited access to quests in the first area (Fractured Peaks) but there is still much to explore and there are plenty of world events and side quests to spend time on. You will not be bored.
  3. BGM and sound effects were amazing! The death animations + sound effects are done well.
  4. Combat is great and killing quest bosses/world boss (Ashava) were not a cake walk. Died few times and had to strategically plan. Blizzard would announce world boss spawn timings for the weekend session.
  5. Drops are well balanced. I got about 4 legendaries in 18 hours, items for other classes were less than 10% dropped, which is good. Was able to steadily build the character.
  6. Skill tree is exhaustive, distribution is good and manageable.
  7. I did not party much but interaction with random players, trading, emoting were nice.
  8. Tons of item transmogrifications and character customizations (appearances)
Negatives:
  1. Bugs are expected as it is beta, so there were frequent disconnections, getting kicked out when trying to return to town (loading screen and gets out), some areas were buggy and not accessible.
  2. This is more of a hassle than negative. Mounts were unavailable for the beta. Although you'll have access to the stable and its master, cannot buy a mount. So had to walk a lot from place to place, even with waypoints.
  3. Story (from whatever revealed so far) has some twists in place but I was able to guess many things.
There is still so much more, so I'm looking forward to the full release!

Here are some screenshots. Meet Scarlet the Sorceress.

The positives are a welcome sign. Will try out the open beta next weekend. But still gonna wait on buying it for a few months. Started D2R not too long ago (on Duriel, the pain train).
Any signs of the microtransactions plague that affected Immortal in this?

Reactions: 007

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wow. The art style looks really good, especially after the somewhat cartoony art style of Diablo 3.

Reactions: 007

Killing Machine
The positives are a welcome sign. Will try out the open beta next weekend. But still gonna wait on buying it for a few months. Started D2R not too long ago (on Duriel, the pain train).
Any signs of the microtransactions plague that affected Immortal in this?
Cool. Please try and let us know your feedback too.
No, there will be an in-game shop in the final version but they will sell only cosmetics that has no advantage in-game.
Read here - news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23816415/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-august-2022#Shop (Section: The Shop)

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
OK....so started playing the open beta....and its Great. I feel its the Diablo we all needed after 2.
  • Like 007 said, the atmosphere of the world feels grim and eerie, be it out in the open or in a dungeon.
  • Graphics are great, so is the music. Really adds to the atmosphere when exploring the world or in combat, and its a huge world.
  • Combat is the striking feature as it should be and blizzard have done a really good job.
  • Started as a Rogue and by the time I reached level10 was already loving the combat. Skill tree has plenty of options for combat.
  • Faced a magnitude of performance issues. First time I loaded into a game, it froze with just my character and no textures loaded. Game froze quite a few times specially at the start or end of a conversation/cutscene. Biggest issue was the constant stuttering, which was even worse in city with other players around. Network issues. So yeah, beta for sure
  • Biggest plus I would say would be the dungeons. They're big and not so easy. Boss is a pain to beat unless you lower the difficulty tier or joined by other players, died a couple of times at the boss trying to solo.
Really looking forward to playing it, maybe a few months after release when all the launch day bugs/issues are ironed out and after looking at a few reviews.

Screenshot000.jpg

Screenshot001.jpg

First time loading into game
Screenshot003.jpg

Game just froze after this conversation for a minute or so
Screenshot007.jpg

Screenshot008.jpg

Screenshot009.jpg

Screenshot011.jpg

Screenshot014.jpg

Dungeons are the highlight
Screenshot018.jpg