Totally agree on this one. This should've been D3.OK....so started playing the open beta....and its Great. I feel its the Diablo we all needed after 2.
Did you try lowering the texture quality? If not try this - keep overall graphics quality to High and reduce only textures. That improved the stability and fps/stuttering issue for me considerably. But yeah, they have a lot more to improve performance before release. Hope they deliver.Faced a magnitude of performance issues. First time I loaded into a game, it froze with just my character and no textures loaded. Game froze quite a few times specially at the start or end of a conversation/cutscene. Biggest issue was the constant stuttering, which was even worse in city with other players around. Network issues. So yeah, beta for sure
Two concerns I had with dungeons:Biggest plus I would say would be the dungeons. They're big and not so easy. Boss is a pain to beat unless you lower the difficulty tier or joined by other players, died a couple of times at the boss trying to solo.
- Same repetitive design but devs have confirmed that there are over 100 designs and each area has a common format. So in beta, as only Fractured Peaks is available to explore, hence we see similar dungeons.
- Backtracking and exiting dungeon - Monsters respawn after a while so you may notice them again when backtracking after "completing" a dungeon. This is by design it seems. So I was always TP-ing to town and then running all over the map to the same location. I realized very late that there is a Exit Dungeon option in the emote wheel which we can use to go back to the entrance.
- Zero lag and zero performance issues! No wonder games are optimized for consoles. Not even a single stutter that I saw on PC. It was a breeze to play from couch.
- I have never played any ARPG with a controller before. It was pretty easy and comfortable to play. I always had the wrong imagination that inventory management/comparison would be a nightmare with controller. That wasn't the case. Also managing health potions + skills + dodge during combat was great.
- Cross-progression, cross-play is amazing. My character from last weekend was available to resume right from that point. Can co-op with players from other platforms too. I played Rogue till level 5 and then resumed from laptop later. Only downside I see is the need to purchase another copy of the game for each platform.. looters