Diablo III Discussion

Those screen Shotz remind me good old days of WoW here is an Awesome Record!!!!!!!

Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game in history

Despite a number of server-related issues surrounding the launch of Diablo III and the general displeasure of the “always-online” model, the title has become the fastest-selling PC game ever. Blizzard sold 3.5 million copies of the game within the first 24 hours of its release.

Additionally, Blizzard handed out 1.2 million copies to people that signed up for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass. Gamers were guaranteed a free copy of the game on launch day when signing up for a 12-month WoW subscription.

And since the launch, another 1.6 million games have been sold for a total of 6.3 million copies out in the wild. As one might expect, both Amazon and GameStop have said that the title was one of their biggest PC launches ever. This figure doesn’t include success from Internet gaming rooms. The Verge points out that nearly 40 percent of gamers in Korea are playing Diablo III.

"We're definitely thrilled that so many people around the world were excited to pick up their copy of Diablo 3 and jump in the moment it went live," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We also regret that our preparations were not enough to ensure everyone had a seamless experience when they did so. I want to reaffirm our commitment to make sure the millions of Diablo 3 players out there have a great experience with the game moving forward, and I also want to thank them for their ongoing support."

Diablo III’s early success wasn’t a huge surprise as the developer revealed earlier this month that it had become the most pre-ordered Blizzard game in history. Blizzard hosted a closed beta for several months and even made a small section of the game available for anyone to try roughly a month before the official launch to load test the servers. It seems that these preparations weren't enough as launch day problems have been well documented.

Source Diablo III becomes the fastest-selling PC game in history

Repost. Check above.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
you cannot get the disc version for under 3K
you can get the digital download version for under 3k(you will have to buy frm blizzard singapore online store in SGD)

Um dude. it's $90 SGD.

90 Singapore dollars ~= 3,900 Indian rupees.

That's about ~Rs 200-300 more than US pricing.

What's the best server to play Diablo 3 from India ? (NA/Asia/EU)
Do you guys use some kind of tunneling service to connect to them ?

Another question, what kind of ISP would be best for D3 online ? BSNL tends to have huge packet lot issues (constant death in nightmare+ and even later on in normal).
I'm on US servers, No tunneling service and I'm on BSNL here.

ITS HERE!!! AND I'M LOVING IT!!! :hyper:

I'm currently doing Wizard on US servers. My bro is doing Monk on Asia servers. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

*i.imgur.com/e3Fdx.jpg
*i.imgur.com/fZ1oN.jpg

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
no, you said your bro is on asia!!
You got 1 copy and your bro got one right ? or both you guys using a single sign on !! that's what I wanted to know.

ydalmia

Broken In
what kind of latencies are you guys getting on US/Asia/EU ?

I used to get 500 on EU servers. Now i get 250-300 with lag spikes in between. They seem to have optimized the server load a bit better. Asian servers are the worst for me, they have the worst latency. And even logging in can be an issue on the Asian servers due to error 37.

I suggest either go for EU (lowest latency) or go for US servers (most stable).

Oh and the game is a so much worse than D2!

Krystie

Broken In
I used to get 500 on EU servers. Now i get 250-300 with lag spikes in between. They seem to have optimized the server load a bit better. Asian servers are the worst for me, they have the worst latency. And even logging in can be an issue on the Asian servers due to error 37.

I'm getting around 295-340ms to US servers on Airtel broadband (random shitty plan Rs 600 /month or so).

On BSNL broadband I usually get 400-800ms - but with BSNL there's heavy packet loss and horribly fluctuating latencies unless you're playing in the 2-8am period (which is kinda dumb). Imagine fighting a boss for 10 minutes and then dying because of shitty lag.

I haven't tried EU/Asia much but both seem to give higher latencies that fluctuate even more. Probably some kind of really effed up routing from India on both bsnl and airtel.

Honestly it's depressing playing D3 online, and lag in single player is really annoying especially in an Indian context. But then again online gaming is a joke in India lols.

Been playing a wizard; almost in Hell and ~lvl 50.

Krystie

Broken In
So you get lag even when playing in single player mode ? WTF
yeah it's basically like playing an mmorpg; pretty lame really if you have a shitty indian internet connection.

no matter how much money you spend on internet in india, packet loss to servers outside india are inevitable because routing seems to be universally garbage.

Killing Machine
I'm on US servers, No tunneling service and I'm on BSNL here.
Hey, my latency seems to go bad very frequently with BSNL and lots of deaths due to that! :pullhair: How are you managing dude?

ITS HERE!!! AND I'M LOVING IT!!! :hyper:

Congrats man! :)

Haven't tried EU/Asia yet but thanks for letting us know. Why would you call the game worse btw?

I'm getting around 295-340ms to US servers on Airtel broadband (random shitty plan Rs 600 /month or so).
On BSNL broadband I usually get 400-800ms - but with BSNL there's heavy packet loss and horribly fluctuating latencies unless you're playing in the 2-8am period (which is kinda dumb). Imagine fighting a boss for 10 minutes and then dying because of shitty lag.
:+1:
I have been thinking of getting an Airtel connection since the game launch. My BSNL give much worse at times. Goes beyond 900. I have a Wimax (2Mbps promised but I get 1.2 min atleast for downloads) which also has terrible ping to US servers. Can you confirm if your Airtel ping is stable with US servers? 295-340ms looks golden to me now. :p

FINALLY!!!!!! Got my hands on a CE. YIIPPPEEE!!!!!! :-D
Actually make that two copies :-D
Will put up the pics when I reach home :lol:
Cool. Congrats! :)
Where did you buy from?

dippi_taurus

Broken In
Cool. Congrats! :)
Where did you buy from?

From Amazon actually. Had pre-ordered it in April for a release day delivery to my uncle's place in Boston, US. My uncle informed me that two huge boxes had arrived and lo & behold he sent them through a friend, who gave it to my mom today :-D

Krystie

Broken In
Can you confirm if your Airtel ping is stable with US servers? 295-340ms looks golden to me now. :p
295-340 ms for the last 6-7 hours on Airtel [I started with BSNL but it was awful today so switched back to airtel].
Got to lvl 51 on my wizard just beat nightmare started hell; some of the champion packs are really boring now though and take forever to die :(

On some days it goes up to 500ms. Haven't really played much during US peak hours (dawn for us).

Airtel has FUP and is quite costly btw. Most of their plans are limited if you read the fine print.

Any kind of wireless connection is useless for gaming. Never use a wireless router or wireless service for any kind of gaming, it leads to constant nerd rages.

BSNL typically has lower latencies in WoW and other online games though when it works - although with everything bsnl is liable to heavy packet loss, drops, jitter, latency fluctuation and outages (connecting error every few days). This isn't a personal problem, it happens on any BSNL connection *ANYWHERE* no matter what plan you take. Their routing is shitty and no one seems to give a flying f*ck about fixing congested routes.

Don't really have much of an idea about EU/Asia servers but for some weird reason latency was higher last time I checked - sounds odd i know.

Where the hell can I buy that box, its out of stock on flipkart!! I thought they would have stock by now!

Just buy it online. Buy the game key code from somewhere like offgamer or just use a credit card on the blizz website.

Doesn't really take that long to DL 7 gigs. I have a BSNL night unlimited connection so I schedule big downloads for the 2-8 slot; took me about 2 nights.

Killing Machine
@dippi_taurus - Nice! :)

@All who have not shared your BattleTags to Gaurav yet and are willing to share - Pls share soon. :)

@Krystie - That's good to know. 500 should be tolerable I guess. I started today morning on my BSNL and it was 800-900. Got frustrated and haven't played since then. Not to mention I have been experiencing a lot of noise in the connection for past few days and thereby frequent line disconnections. It happens almost twice every month for me. Yes, even I'm a big fan of 2-8 ;) I've been leeching for the past 8 years during this slot almost everyday. So its really hard to give up now. Probably i'll take a low end plan in airtel just for D3. My initial idea was to surrender BSNL and take up the 1599 plan (2Mbps till 75 gig and 256kbps :banghead: thereafter) but now since Airtel has blocked all torrent sites, i dont want that anymore. Heard BSNL will also be implementing shortly.

Last edited:

ydalmia

Broken In
@dippi_taurus - Nice! :)

@All who have not shared your BattleTags to Gaurav yet and are willing to share - Pls share soon. :)

@Krystie - That's good to know. 500 should be tolerable I guess. I started today morning on my BSNL and it was 800-900. Got frustrated and haven't played since then. Not to mention I have been experiencing a lot of noise in the connection for past few days and thereby frequent line disconnections. It happens almost twice every month for me. Yes, even I'm a big fan of 2-8 ;) I've been leeching for the past 8 years during this slot almost everyday. So its really hard to give up now. Probably i'll take a low end plan in airtel just for D3. My initial idea was to surrender BSNL and take up the 1599 plan (2Mbps till 75 gig and 256kbps :banghead: thereafter) but now since Airtel has blocked all torrent sites, i dont want that anymore. Heard BSNL will also be implementing shortly.

what the hell? you cannot download torrents on an airtel connection? hope there is a workaround if BSNL decides to implement something like that..And i am getting latency from 250-500 on my bsnl connection on EU servers.

lvl 52 witch doctor and a lvl 35 wizard. the witch doctor is super boring hell+. **** it, the whole game is boring, such a dissapointment by blizzard.

Top Bottom