dextr. A new keyboard layout for mobiles

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The jurassic QWERTY layout is immensely popular, but when it comes to mobile keyboards, it becomes pretty cumbersome. So, enter dextr, a new layout specially aimed towards more convenient mobile communication.

From the website:
dextr® is a revolution in mobile communications — transforming the way you text and type; taking a tiresome, mistake-prone chore into something fun, fast and easy.

dextr makes texting simple — and what could be simpler than the alphabet? Every letter is where you'd expect it to be.

dextr's a downloadable keyboard-replacement app — designed to make texting a breeze from the smallest handphones to the largest tablets. Beta version now available for Android.

*www.textwithdextr.com/images/stories/Banner_whats_dextr.png

dextr on Play store

I'm going to check it out. What do you guys think?

SaMiZ parveas

Right off the assembly line
I dont think or want it be a success in the market...after using qwerty in every gadgets we touch , how do these people say that this dextr will be comfortable...i dont think so....it will be of tremendous use only to those people who are entirely new to the era of gadgets and technology...:-x

matthew

Right off the assembly line
checked dextr keyboard out after I've read your post. All I can say is Finally!!! A very efficient layout for my android phone, and it doesn't require you to have a huge, wall clock sized phone to be able to use it. Loved the landscape mode where the layout is curved. A very awesome app indeed regardless that it is currently on its beta phase.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
This keyboard layout may be only used by a few no. of people as after seeing and using traditional QWERTY on most of the gadgets everywhere,
We can say that there is a very low chance of major adaptability of this layout...
Nonetheless, a nice experimental addition..

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I've tried it a couple of days but found it a bit cumbersome. Shifted back to qwerty.

Actually, just not used to it.

Anish

Spectre
People who are well acquitted with qwerty will deny this. But people who are new and donno typing will find it easier to search for in this layout :D

Flash

Lost in speed
Change is inevitable and dextr is the one.
It will be a lot easier to type than the current ones because of its spacing!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
VERDICT: I found it Surprisingly easy to use, takes a little while to get use to the layout, obviously! Having the keys in alphabetic order is novel but I like it.

Plus points to have DEXTR:
* The buttons are fingertip sized and fingertip shaped
* And they’re spaced one finger-width apart
* You’ll never hit the wrong key again
* There’s only one memory trick required – where we’ve placed the “Z” key
Plus! dextr gives you:
* even more function keys
* the most useful punctuation keys on the home screen
* a logical number/math screen
* an expanded punctuation screen
Plus the handy and intuitive OpenAdaptxt™ text prediction tool that learns as you type — suggesting the most logical word while helping you cut down keystrokes.​

I just recollect the prank google played last april fools day with its keyboard layout was fun "The binary S****" ...never mind the thing hasn't to go with this .

Not sure if spam....

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
People who are quite acquainted with the qwerty layout would surely be not so keen to try it, but it might be intriguing to the newbies and people who dont stick to the keyboard mostly and often have to find alphabets on keyboards...

noob

Cyborg Agent
question is not if QWERTY is better or this one...it is about getting used to it.

For me, QWERTY ftw..using it since god knows when :) and adopting to this keyboard is like trying to be a left handed when i am a right handed person by birth.

Top Bottom