Deus Ex: Human Revolution

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I got a grenade launcher just before I got in square with him. Boy.. it was one easy job. A grenade stunned him... and then, it was followed by 5 other sweeties. The fight was over in less than a minute. This is what I hated about boss battles. Lack of balance.

I too got the grenade launcher as a reward for a previous mission, but i dropped it for the "Crossbow". Man that was lame of me, but I didn't know about the boss. I should've planned better.

And the boss fights are so easy with the ability to save the game in between the fight. :D

Anyway, now on the verge of finish making the final decision. Since my brain is now dulled by fatigue , I'll make it tomorrow. :)

Finished the game a few hours back. Totally a worthy successor to it awesome the all time goldie Deux-Ex. The game offers you with both run and gun as well as complete stealth action. Being a Deus-Ex fan, I picked up the later option without a second thought. The stealth in HR is stylishly fun, and the Augmentation based attacks makes it ever more fun. Adam Jensen's cool character design and voice makes it even better. The story offers you a well blended underlying meaning, which I think will take a little more thinking for one to understand.

The good:
1)Awesome story
2)Enjoyable Stealth gameplay.
3)Offers you different paths to get the job done and finding the best one is so satisfying.
4)Well thought out side missions unlike most other RPGs where they just put them for namesake.
5)Rewarding mini-games.
6)Unique character based powers.

The bad:
1)The graphics sucks for a dx11 game.
2)Interaction level is pretty low for a RPG.

My rating : 9/10.

Money well spent. Played it in "Gimme Deus Ex" difficulty to get the most out of it. Wouldn't mind paying a $60 for this one even if it made a major whole in my wallet.

Soumik99

Journeyman
i agree... the aesthetics of the game are beautiful. the whiskey color scheme is nice for the setting. "How did you get this frequency?" lol.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The graphics standpoint for this game is more kind of aesthetics, lighting effects and artistic style. Frankly.. I felt the game's models, animations, Post effects not to be that great.

I agree with Vamsi here, the character animation was during conversations wasn't good at all. The characters were more active than fallout's stand and talk, but the lip sync was crap and all the characters did the same actions while talking. They could've polished it more with different actions, atleast for the main characters, oh wait, what am I saying? You can talk only with main characters here. The interaction level was pretty low for a game that about 8gb in size. They tried to improve the conversation stage but they just failed to do it well enough to beat the other games. Overall, the game's graphics and character expressions/actions (except the character expressions of the enemies during petrols, man that was very well done) felt utterly consolised.

Soumik99

Journeyman
But I find the animations quite good except the facial expressions in speech sequences of course which were a bit same kind of shakes repeated,etc.. but the other animations like knockdown, cover, etc were quite good. Then again I can pick out a lot of other flaws like the first-person cam is pretty unrealistic(considering the fact that its not an all-out shooter, shouldn't leg animations be included) and the camera, shouldn't it be a bit more jerky while crouching, traversing through vents, etc? But in the end the whole package imo outdid these things..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I used typhoon during first boss battle. Really saved my ass there. But after that.. couple of times here and there.. not many times.

Crossbows, couple of times. No more.

Rocket Launcher.. I found it. But never really used it. Had to ditch the beauty to free up the space for ammo. But, Grenade launcher.. yes. Unloaded 5 on the face of 3rd boss.

Crossbows are really helpful to take out that final man wandering around. If you take out the some one while there are other enemies roaming around.. chances are that you will get detected. TBH, never use any brute force on enemies... just sneak away. When necessary, if you have to take down sneak up and knock him out. Killing enemies is the last thing you have to do in this game. Just save all your firepower until you reach the bosses or to a place where you have no other option but to go full metal jacket.

masach315

War4Peace
Defeat the first three bosses with Shotgun (max upgrade during 3rd Boss). But it's not on the hardest difficulty

Top Bottom