Detecting USB Printer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey...

I hav got this new problem now..First the Parallel port of my PC was screwed so i got this new Parallel -> USB Connector for my Dot Matrix Printer.

And now this printer is not getting detected in DOS. i meant even after giving PRINT Command from Turbo C it doesnt print.

And even as i always need the printout of Output of program,i cannot activate my Printer by [Ctrl-KP] in Dos Shell which use to activate it as Key press.. So that it use to print whatever i press or whatever appears on screen...

Where in case of Windows or Notepad or whatever..is working great...!! How do i cope up with this..!!!

Thanx.

mediator

Technomancer
Well I dunno abt printing from DOS.....but why dont u use pipeline and put whatever to print in some file......like print file >> file.txt and then use that file from windows to print

eddie

El mooooo
Does DOS have drivers for USB port? I highly doubt that USB devices like printers or cams would work under DOS. I have heard about some DOS driver for USB storage devices...but printers? I doubt that it will work.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Yeh but how do i get the Output Printed...:O

coz it gets appeared dynamically....as prints not working...so keypress print also wont work...

how do i get that output....

mediator

Technomancer
I have lost mah touch in windows.....but lets try..compile the program to exe first.
Try "program_name.exe >> output.txt" or "program_name.exe > output.txt".
And for printing graphics ouput u need windows 98! Coz printscreen works perfectly in win98!
Neways mah Xp is down...for sometime...will try to post when its working.....for the tome being tell if the above works!

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you want output from dos, I think you should go for a PCI card with Parallel port rather than a USB-to-Parallel converter.

Temporarily, if you are writing the programs yourself, you can reroute output to a file instead of printer and then take printout from Windows.

Arun

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Well.... .C files opens in Notepad...so ok Print of program is done..

Outputs still problem..:(

@sakumar :- it costs 550 and so i got cheaper alternative Parallel to USB (320Rs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom