Details abt this config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I wanna buy a pc with this config-
1.Athlon 64 3500+
2.Motherboard-Plz suggest.Msi or asus?Which model?
3.250gb 7200rpm wd hard disk
4.A dvd writer-liteon or sony?
5.Power supply?
6.1gb ram-which one?
7.17inch monitor(flat but crt)-Acer or lg?
8.A ups-Plz suggest.

Anyone aware of prices of all these and suggestions plz post here.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
nish_higher said:
I wanna buy a pc with this config-
1.Athlon 64 3500+
5.Power supply?
6.1gb ram-which one?
8.A ups-Plz suggest.

Anyone aware of prices of all these and suggestions plz post here.

1>Athon 64 3500+ ...........7000
2>ASUS A8N-E.................5500
3>WD is good........not too aware of the prices
4>Sony....is prefered.........2600
5>400 watts corsit/vip......1000-1500
6>512X2 ram Transcend/TwinMos......4000
7>Samsung....don't know about the model number...

I'm not too sure about the prices.....But they will give u a rough idea....

ashfame

Padawan
sony dual layer dvdwriter @ rs2250
acer 17" monitor that supports 1600*1200 (ask aryaush)
for ups go with APC

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
An athlon 3500+ for rupees 7000!!!.Are u sure?That means i can get more better config.Is there any better athlon below rupees12000?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@samrulez-who told u that 3500 is 7k. I got 3200 for 7.5k 1 month back. So 3500 shld be around 9-10k.

Last edited:
OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Oh....Thanks man for that webpage.Now my mind's changed after reading all those prices.I'm gonna buy athlon dual core 3800+ for rupees16400.But wats the price and model of acer 17crt flat monitor?Which ups should i buy?U suggested me asus a8n sli motherboard.Wats the onboard graphics mem?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
No way .. the prices will not fall before 22nd July .... a friend of mine got the 3500+ for 8.9k's recently ... exc. VAT .. around 9.2k's inc. ...

1.Athlon 64 3500+
5.Power supply?
6.1gb ram-which one?
8.A ups-Plz suggest.

Athlon 64 3500+ - around 9k's atleast
Motherboard-Plz suggest.Msi or asus?Which model? - Definitely Asus A8N SLi Premium
250gb 7200rpm wd hard disk - rather go for two 120 GB SATA(II) Hdd and put them in RAID-0
A dvd writer-liteon or sony? - Liteon
Power supply? - if u can then definitely Antec ... the P1050 cabinet comes with a modular 500W SP2.0 PSU
1gb ram-which one? - Kingston , maybe the low latency ones
17inch monitor(flat but crt)-Acer or lg? - I'd say Samsung Syncmaster 798MB
A ups-Plz suggest. - APC 700VA

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
amd always rules ...? has u been sleeping since march ? quite funny...

all the world knows intel conroe is going to smoke all amd fx ,x2 etc. etc..

i see that u can spend 12 k on proci.. why not wait then .. conroe launching next month 23 rd july ... u can go fro E6600 - 2.4 GHZ CONROE . it just smoked athlon fx 62 ... at stock speed .. and these babies can oc a hell better .. upto 3.8 ghz on air on stock cooler .. wow.. that's something ..
also they consume much less power than amd athlon series ..

CONROE IS MONSTAR PROCESSOR .. BETTER WAIT FOR IT .. or u wil ruin ur decision ...

check this forum...

*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

and decide for urself....

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
That proc is compared with single core athlons.Not with dual core.I know about conroe since last month.After all my googling i've decided to stick 2 athlon.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
read it carefully .. conroe is being compared with amd athlon fx 62 .. which is a dual core processor .. the best amd processor out there .. also on latest am2 socket .. god .. even reading those threads on that forum did not change ur mind .. then pls go on and buy amd x2 etc etc.. we are not even talking abt x2 3800+ etc .. these are low end amd dual core .. better wait buddy

also amd as well as intel is reducing prices of their existing processors when conroe is launching .. now why in the world amd will reduce the prices of their x2 range .. cos they does not stand a chance against conroe...

u will ruin ur decision .. buying amd now knowing that conroe is far far better than it and also its launching in a month ..

personally I find it quite funny ... I did try to help u .. anyways good luck with ur system...

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yogi7272 said:
read it carefully .. conroe is being compared with amd athlon fx 62 .. which is a dual core processor .. the best amd processor out there .. also on latest am2 socket .. god .. even reading those threads on that forum did not change ur mind .. then pls go on and buy amd x2 etc etc.. we are not even talking abt x2 3800+ etc .. these are low end amd dual core .. better wait buddy

also amd as well as intel is reducing prices of their existing processors when conroe is launching .. now why in the world amd will reduce the prices of their x2 range .. cos they does not stand a chance against conroe...

u will ruin ur decision .. buying amd now knowing that conroe is far far better than it and also its launching in a month ..

personally I find it quite funny ... I did try to help u .. anyways good luck with ur system...
Wat would be cost of that around 15k?And the motherboard must be costly if i want a great pc with overclocking.Right?So that would definitely make just my proc and mb upto 30000rupees(correct me if i'm wrong)if i have to overclock it?So wats the use?I'm not that much hardware crazy and just want to use my pc for just pro audio apps and animation.And no gaming at all.Ya its true amd reduced its prices but only 64bit single core processors.Check the link mentioned by drvarun.I don't say u r giving me a wrong suggestion pal but for pro audio apps people trust only mac or athlon x2.U can see that on any pro audio website.If i had to buy a pc for playing games then i'd have gone with conroe.Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom