AnujKumar76461

Right off the assembly line
I understand that there are certain factors to keep in mind while purchasing the TV. I'm listing some (pardon the ones skipped, please add those in the comments) with their details relevant to me under :

Viewing Distance :
8-10 feet (2.3 - 3 meters). I believe a screen size anywhere between 32"-43" should be great. Please do suggest the optimum screen size.

Peripherals Connected :
I'll be using 1 each of Blu-Ray Player and Amazon Fire-TV Stick. So, minimum of 3 HDMI ports are required, push it to 4, actually, just to keep a couple free in case a laptop/digital TV service/other display is connected. Availability of USB 3.0 would be amazing, just in case an external HDD or a USB drive are connected. I'd like for at least 2 such USB slots available. Although if it's too restrictive, USB 2.0 could be considered as well.

Resolution Needed :
Although I'm primarily looking for a 4K display, but honestly, at a distance of 8-10 feet, I believe Full HD screen should suffice. Also, as the thread's heading makes if quite clear, the TV should have minimum 120Hz native (and NOT effective, etc.) display refresh rate. So, if there are good options available in 4K, please do suggest. However, getting a better FHD output than a poor 4K output will always be preferred.

Is Smart TV a must :
Nope. I stream from Netflix and HBO. Additionally, multiple other apps like YouTube, Twitter (I'm not a Facebook guy), etc. are religiously used on my laptop and smartphone, however, everything is well beyond covered by the Fire TV stick.

Is 3D a must :
Nah! I don't have a lot of 3D content available. I'd like to avoid it in order to get other important requirements within my budget.

Is HDR a must :

Yes! No one with a sane mind should be asked that question. Period.

Wireless Connectivity :
Availability of features like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi would only mean that the TV being purchased is a smart TV, which as I've mentioned earlier, isn't required, however, considering that most TVs are being released as "Smart" TVs, I wouldn't mind the features.

Plasma vs OLED vs LCD :

OLED, definitely! However, I don't think some really good options would be available within my budget, plus LG seems to be the only ones pushing into the field while everyone else is still stuck at LEDs. In that case, I'll (have to / be forced to) settle for LED.

Sound :

Although I do have multiple sound systems available to connect with the TV (Sony SRS-D9 2.1 channel ; Sony DAV-TZ145 5.1 channel), which I obviously will use, I'd still appreciate if the TV could hold it's ground in terms of the quality of sound produced. Don't mind if it doesn't. Most stylish form factors don't allow much space to get a good set of speakers to be built-into the TV.

Additional Display Info :
- Non reflective screen required.
- Good viewing angles (178 degrees would be awesome).
- Curved screen not needed. They're stupid.
- Looks are important. Thin form-factor with thin bezels would be fantastic.

Additional Connectivity Info :
- Position of the slots doesn't matter much. However, the availability of the ports (HDMI and USB primarily) towards the side (either works fine) rather than towards the bottom would make my tasks easier.

Other Important Factors :
- Good service availability, directly by manufacturer. I'd like to have an authorized and recognized service center of the manufacturer within 10 kilometer radius, which covers major companies like Sony and LG. Samsung has a bit poor reputation around here. I reside in Viman Nagar, Pune, which I think should have a lot of other companies' service centers in and around the area. Haven't researched much in that department (don't laugh, I know I said it's important, but I've been busy lately).
- I plan to purchase the TV by coming mid-July, so if there are any announced, or rumored TVs available, please share their details as well. I'll definitely look into it.

Most Important Factor, THE BUDGET :

Anywhere within Rs. 60,000/- works fine, although if you insist, I'll stop wasting too much on food and extend it to 70K. I'm literally praying that a 4K screen fits the above criteria and the budget.

Sincerely appreciate any and all the help I can get in this matter! :)

OP
A

AnujKumar76461

Right off the assembly line
I don't think you will get an OLED TV within 60 K. Mi TV 4 might be your best bet in that price range.
I went through the details of the product earlier, and it has a refresh rate of 60Hz, which isn't what I need. Additionally, as the product is worth Rs. 45,000, and I'm willing to shell out another 25K, I hope that there's a screen with better refresh rate available. Thanks anyways! :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
60 Hz is the only true refresh rate, manufacturers entice gullible customers into saying buzzwords like 120hz 240 hz etc but those are interpolated images which make almost zero noticeable difference, get a good panel with 60 hz and you are good to go.
HDMI 2.0B supports 4k@60hz max anyway.

Top Bottom