Desktops vs Laptops: Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap

Lurker
previous thread was enough *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/183127-do-you-own-desktop.html mods can change the title and move it to fight club if necessary.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laptops need better screen resolution.

Stuck on 1366x768 for more than 10 years. Stupidity from OEMs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They can't even make fhd resolution available at 60k price range. 4k will make it 1.5 lakhs easily with the lowest GPU which can support it and the processor being some core i3 or ulv variant of core i5.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] - I'm quoting your point from another thread -

I am still clueless why some people are trying to compare desktop performance with laptop performance. These 2 are in completely different leagues. A laptop can never come near a desktop in the same budget in terms of performance....

And the likes, to which I fully agree.

But creation of this thread by you negates your logic/thinking you were/are saying in that thread. Pretty ironic, hmm ? Or you just can't bear bashing of laptops by some desktop crazy people ?!?

All said this comparison will lead to no result (even said by you but nullified in this thread).

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] - I'm quoting your point from another thread -

And the likes, to which I fully agree.

But creation of this thread by you negates your logic/thinking you were/are saying in that thread. Pretty ironic, hmm ? Or you just can't bear bashing of laptops by some desktop crazy people ?!?

All said this comparison will lead to no result (even said by you but nullified in this thread).

The war had begun and it was kinda OT in the other thread so I started this one.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Laptops need better screen resolution.

Stuck on 1366x768 for more than 10 years. Stupidity from OEMs.

They can't even make fhd resolution available at 60k price range. 4k will make it 1.5 lakhs easily with the lowest GPU which can support it and the processor being some core i3 or ulv variant of core i5.

*www.sony.co.in/support/product/VPCCB45FN

I have this for 2 years.. bought at 50K

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
There IS NO mobile GPU which will be able to deliver enough power for that 4K display to be optimally used for gaming at native res.

There's gtx 880m sli which is 10% more powerful than the old titan.
Probably 880mx sli can max out @4k

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ will barely do if the AA is turned off completely. At 4K with normal view distance if someone is really out there looking for jaggies or is somewhat finical about some stupid amount of MSAA, then i must say, 880M sli is still not able to surpass 100FPS in most games at 1920X1080 with all maxed out. in 1440P it will struggle in some games to maintain a 60FPS constant, at 4K things go insane.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^^ will barely do if the AA is turned off completely. At 4K with normal view distance if someone is really out there looking for jaggies or is somewhat finical about some stupid amount of MSAA, then i must say, 880M sli is still not able to surpass 100FPS in most games at 1920X1080 with all maxed out. in 1440P it will struggle in some games to maintain a 60FPS constant, at 4K things go insane.

Wait for Maxwell gtx 880mx sli.
Btw nice to have you back.

- - - Updated - - -

Also 4k will reduce a lot of jaggies due to sheer amount of pixels so 2xmsaa is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom